Kelty Hearts

Superally

1 hour ago, Superally said:

Delighted for Kelty Hearts winning the League 2 Championship. Not really wanting to be playing them next season though

But if we do on the bright side we will outnumber then by about 10,000 to one and we will get to listen to renditions of the Kelty Clippie and Buffalo Bill From Kelty Hill.

6 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

They will sink as quickly as they have risen in due course.  In the meantime we haemorrhage support to them which is only a bad thing for us. 

What makes you think any Pars fan would switch their allegiance to Kelty Hearts, Ross? It would be completely bizarre. 

Kelty Par, your thoughts as a native of the sprawling metropolis, please. 🤔

Kelly Hearts appear to be a rich man’s plaything and I remain to be coming convinced that their recent success is sustainable in the long term.

However they do seem to have made a significant contribution to Scottish football by starting the move from junior to senior football that was a necessary step in establishing a proper pyramid system.

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

What makes you think any Pars fan would switch their allegiance to Kelty Hearts, Ross? It would be completely bizarre. 

Are you serious?  I find it more bizarre that you are completely blind to it.  It’s already happened and quite obvious too.  Kelty have been very open about their intentions to market their club to disaffected Pars fans.  For a long time on this forum and the other one, I’ve seen plenty folk saying they were off to watch Kelty.  

Whether people who go there have changed their hearts and minds to it or not, there is no doubt at all that there will be a number of folk who used to go to East end that now to watch Kelty.

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Don’t really care too much for Kelty. Always have and always will be a pars fan. Annoying yesterday listening to shouts of bring on Kelty etc it’s not what the team needs, as we still have a good chance of avoiding the drop. I agree with the above that when the backer goes then it’ll fold like a deck of cards,. When they were east of Scotland a few of my pals were training with them and the stories they told me were ridiculous in terms of players pay etc. 

7 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Are you serious?  I find it more bizarre that you are completely blind to it.  It’s already happened and quite obvious too.  Kelty have been very open about their intentions to market their club to disaffected Pars fans.  For a long time on this forum and the other one, I’ve seen plenty folk saying they were off to watch Kelty.  

Whether people who go there have changed their hearts and minds to it or not, there is no doubt at all that there will be a number of folk who used to go to East end that now to watch Kelty.

Never been more serious in my life, Ross. Look, I can understand someone from Kelty deciding to support their local team, but why on earth would a Pars fan from say Valleyfield or Dalgety Bay decide to abandon us for a Johnny-come-lately village team? It makes no sense to me.

It's a pretty shallow move by any so called Pars fans going to support Kelty. A club they've no previous affiliation with. Kelty do indeed pi*s me off because they have tried to poach our fans. Cheeky hoors. 

Anyway, how long can they really expect to continue to progress given the limited crowd numbers. No idea how they afford it all just now being honest. 

• Upvote 1

A few ambitious clubs in Scotland at the moment-Cove,Queens Park and Kelty, these three teams will be looking to stabilise in the Championship very soon or go even further to the top flight.

I think Kelty are a bit different from Gretna if you look into it. Yes the two owners bankrolled their clubs to get them up the leagues but they are two completely opposite characters. Dean McKenzie does not like to be in the public eye and has done a lot of work on improving the stadium and putting structures in place for the future of Kelty. He has also been associated with the club for a long time,I am sure his Dad was groundsman at the club before? I find it unlikely he will walk away from them and let them go bust. The chairman Ian Thomson also puts in a lot of work behind the scenes and so does the committee who have been involved for years since they played juniors.