World Cup Draw

Keyser Soze

11 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

F*** Qatar. I kind of hope Scotland don't qualify tbh, as it'll make it easier to avoid watching it.

I'd never want Scotland not to qualify, but I agree with your sentiments 're the host nation. I normally look forward to WC tournaments and try to watch as many games as I can, but if Scotland follow Italy and miss out, it will be easier to give most of the games a body swerve. 

Everyone knows Qatar bought the WC by bribing FIFA officials. Factor in their appalling health & safety record during the construction of the WC stadia and non existent human rights for foreign workers and I'll feel like a total hypocrite every time I watch a game.

Eta. It's a decent draw for Scotland and it might be easier to get out of that group than to qualify. Iran appear rank outsiders on paper but the conditions will favour them.

Edited by GG Riva

16 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Wonder how long they can drag this out for? Hopefully Wales get a decent draw. Bit of a soft spot for them. 

Surprised nobody took the obvious bait, Keyser. Wales are a one man team and I don't mean the crock who is now earning free money at Ibrokes. 

Sevco's directors have obviously never heard of Daniel Prodan, who never kicked a ball despite spending 4 years in Govan. 

12 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Surprised nobody took the obvious bait, Keyser. Wales are a one man team and I don't mean the crock who is now earning free money at Ibrokes. 

Sevco's directors have obviously never heard of Daniel Prodan, who never kicked a ball despite spending 4 years in Govan. 

I’m sure the Tartan Army would take being a ‘one man team’ if it meant qualifying for major tournaments and actually making an impact tbh. 

5 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

I’m sure the Tartan Army would take being a ‘one man team’ if it meant qualifying for major tournaments and actually making an impact tbh. 

For sure. I think Scotland have a chance of making it to Qatar. If the war in Ukraine drags on, I think they might forfeit the semi-final v Scotland and if we can keep Bale quiet, we can beat Wales. Apart from Bale and Ramsey, Wales are composed of journeyman professionals. Steve Clarke has assembled a better all round squad, imo.