Pars vs Rovers

SanguinePar

Not a happy bunny myself. I carefully organised a short family holiday from tomorrow, several months ago, meaning I wouldn't miss a Pars game.

Not for a minute did I imagine either the Pars or the Lino Lickers would be playing in a national cup final this weekend. You'd think they could have played the final in midweek, or at the end of the season. Killie can't have been that desperate in the semi-final. Wouldn't it be funny if QOS give the wee team a good gubbing? 😃

2 hours ago, scottyboy said:

It's win or?

Take yir pick. Airdriescumonians and Montrose are on fantastic form. I'd rather we played Cove, as it could still happen. That's a tight League.

Screenshot_20220402-171316_Chrome.jpg

We are unlikely to play Cove, Scotty. We'd have to finish 9th (every chance) and Cove would have to miss out on the League 1 title. Even then we could only meet them in the play off final if we both won our semis. ( 4th v 9th and 3rd v 2nd.) No chance of Cove finishing 4th.

Eta. Looks like Falkirk have lost any chance of making the play offs after getting gubbed 0-3 at home by Montrose today. Shame..... 😃

Edited by GG Riva

2 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

We are unlikely to play Cove, Scotty. We'd have to finish 9th (every chance) and Cove would have to miss out on the League 1 title. Even then we could only meet them in the play off final if we both won our semis. ( 4th v 9th and 3rd v 2nd.) No chance of Cove finishing 4th.

Eta. Looks like Falkirk have lost any chance of making the play offs after getting gubbed 0-3 at home by Montrose today. Shame..... 😃

I think @scottyboy was maybe talking of a potential play-off final opponent. With airdrie’s form there’s still a title fight to be had in that division IMO.

Looks very likely if we are in the playoffs the semifinal will be queens park.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

We are unlikely to play Cove, Scotty. We'd have to finish 9th (every chance) and Cove would have to miss out on the League 1 title. Even then we could only meet them in the play off 

Yip. What @parsforlife alludes. Airdrie could still win the title. Falkirk fans at my work saying Airdrie playing fantastic football just now, with no chance of Falkirk making Play Off.

Edited by scottyboy
Cove next 2 games are QP at home, then Falkirk away. Could go to the wire

Airdrie have some good players. 

They also start Gabby Magill and Callum Fordyce though, I look at there midfield and while I reckon it'll look good going forward, there's not a whole lot of defensive protection, not surprising that they'll get through games by simply being better footballers (Agnew and Easton are tidy footballers) however how will they deal with another team having more off the ball? 

If we can't beat them over two legs it's a big failure by us, I think we'd have more drama against Montrose. 

4 hours ago, Grant said:

Airdrie have some good players. 

They also start Gabby Magill and Callum Fordyce though, I look at there midfield and while I reckon it'll look good going forward, there's not a whole lot of defensive protection, not surprising that they'll get through games by simply being better footballers (Agnew and Easton are tidy footballers) however how will they deal with another team having more off the ball? 

If we can't beat them over two legs it's a big failure by us, I think we'd have more drama against Montrose. 

I watched Montrose against Kelty in the Scottish cup as we were the Friday night game that week, and they were absolutely awful. If we get beat off them or any league one team then it’s nothing sort of a disgrace