Pars vs Rovers

SanguinePar

16 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Anyone else think that the corner from Dom may have gone over the line before the stramash and O'Hara buried it?

No, I had a decent view and it looked like it wriggled under the keeper. Todd also looked like he might have got a flick on it too as he ran away as if he was claiming it.

4 hours ago, Raymie said:

Ambrose does take too many risks for my liking and I've no doubt he will get caught out at times? Let's hope, if that happens, it's not crucial to the result?

Agreed. Thing is, pretty much every time he does it, he has an easy pass on too, that's what makes it frustrating because when he sticks to the basics of being a centre back, ie win your headers and win your ground battles he's solid. 

I've said it before though, and I'll say it again. Coll Donaldson is an absolute monster and if we stay up, we should be doing everything possible to keep him. His first game aside which you could put down to rustiness, he's been our most consistent player and even though he only signed in January, he's my player of the year.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Quite surprised by the criticism of Ambrose, I don't recall too many dodgy moments. One in the second half, but apart from that I thought he was solid.

Was one of his better performances for us last night but everyone time he gets on the ball your worried hes going to make a big error and cost us a goal lol

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

Was one of his better performances for us last night but everyone time he gets on the ball your worried hes going to make a big error and cost us a goal lol

It's needless risk-taking for me. Just do the simple thing and stop trying to complicate it. He's a centre back, not a centre mid, no-one is expecting him to be a play maker.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Are you serious? Every human body is different. We don’t all have the exact same ceiling when it comes to fitness. I’m actually amazed you required an explanation. 

Yes I'm serious they are professional athletes, sportsman footballers full time. 

As such fitness should be paramount. It makes headlines all the time when a player looks unfit or out of shape.

Do you actually think a club say we are not signing a player because he can't play twice a week because he will never be fit enough?

You really are making a bit of a fool of yourself now!

22 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

Yes I'm serious they are professional athletes, sportsman footballers full time. 

As such fitness should be paramount. It makes headlines all the time when a player looks unfit or out of shape.

Do you actually think a club say we are not signing a player because he can't play twice a week because he will never be fit enough?

You really are making a bit of a fool of yourself now!

What on earth are you talking about? Genuine question, are you ok? 

9 hours ago, Raymie said:

Pleased to read your positivity, SP. It's been a long time coming 😉

Oh I know Raymie but that team just really ****es me off as we all know they can play😅

Plus the the steak Bridie was the first one this season that was good! But looking forward to the Killie Pie… normally eat 2 and bring 3 home to the family. 

3 hours ago, Digs said:

It's needless risk-taking for me. Just do the simple thing and stop trying to complicate it. He's a centre back, not a centre mid, no-one is expecting him to be a play maker.

There was an example second half. He had the ball near the north east stand and a simple pass to Todd was on. He decided to turn 360 and switch play.  He got caught in possession but was thankfully bailed out by someone. Can’t recall who. 

24 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

I'm fine, waiting on you explaining on why you think full time 25 year professional footballers shouldn't be expected to have the same level of fitness. 

With all due respect I’m not sure that you are. I’ve already posted literal scientific fact as to why that wouldn’t be the case. It’s genuinely high school level biology. My GCSE biology students would be flabbergasted that a fully grown adult doesn’t  understand this ffs

Edited by Keyser Soze

6 minutes ago, Raymie said:

There was an example second half. He had the ball near the north east stand and a simple pass to Todd was on. He decided to turn 360 and switch play.  He got caught in possession but was thankfully bailed out by someone. Can’t recall who. 

That's the one I'm thinking of, I think. Can't recall much else that was all that bad from him.