Pars v Ayr Utd

Superally

Its official, its squeaky bum time. 3 games left to play and this Saturday we welcome fellow relegation strugglers Ayr Utd to East End Park. Ayr sit in pole position of 8th, 3pts ahead and a slightly better GD of 2 goals. Their recent form indicates they have been unbeaten in in their last 3 games with three draws and have shown resilience in their last two games saving a point in at the death, in effect they have taken 3pts in their last 5 games. A Pars win could potentially take us to 8th spot, but we have been unbeaten in our last 7 games at EEP. The Pars have also taken 7pts from the last 5 games but inconsistency in performances has been a weakness with two losses to top 4 placed clubs ICT and Killie. Games between Ayr and The Pars have been classically honours even with a win each and a draw. There isn’t a great deal to choose between the teams and most pundits will be looking at probable draw. An Ayr win will see them safe and a single point for the Pars is a lift towards safety from automatic relegation. However, 3pts with two left to play may determine that 8th and avoiding a playoff is a possibility. The Pars have it all to do and its in our own hands. I think home advantage might be enough. 2-1 Pars COYP    

• Upvote 4

I think we will win this one and make the last two games nail biters. Let's get a big crowd in on Saturday and back the team to victory. These last three games are vital for what direction we are going in,relegation will set us back a good few years and could end up in the same situation as Falkirk.

19 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Hopefully the club and Dorrans will come to a mutual agreement at the end of the season to terminate his contract. 

Looking at the squad and seeing who’s under contract For next season already is giving me the fear, the club will have to pay out a fair bit to get boys who are under contract away as they can’t even get a game the now

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

Looking at the squad and seeing who’s under contract For next season already is giving me the fear, the club will have to pay out a fair bit to get boys who are under contract away as they can’t even get a game the now

Mutually agreeing to end a contract doesn't necessarily mean forking out. Sometimes, if it means a player can take another option, it's agreed they can just tear up the contract on both sides. It's actually more common than you'd think and is probably how the vast majority of these things end up at our level because players can't afford to take the risk of sitting not playing for another window/season if they need to be playing and that will almost certainly be the case with Dorrans.

Back on topic, this is the biggest game of the season, No 16, or thereabouts. 

A repeat of the 3-0 gubbing we handed them on their last visit would be just brad, but I feel they will fight tooth and nail for a point, so it's important we get that first goal and don't panic if it doesn't come quite early.

Last minute would be fine but I don't know if my old ticker can take it. 🙂

• Upvote 1

If we reach the same levels that we did against Morton, Thistle and Raith and get a wee rub of the green, then I'm confident we can win.?

I'd expect us to have the lion's share of possession. Ayr will be more than happy with a point, so expect them to play with just a lone man up front and the rest behind the ball

• Upvote 1