Pars v Ayr Utd

Superally

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Back on topic, this is the biggest game of the season, No 16, or thereabouts. 

A repeat of the 3-0 gubbing we handed them on their last visit would be just brad, but I feel they will fight tooth and nail for a point, so it's important we get that first goal and don't panic if it doesn't come quite early.

Last minute would be fine but I don't know if my old ticker can take it. 🙂

Don't think they'll play for a point. Bullen knows if they win, they're safe. 

• Upvote 1

1-1, Ayr with an early goal and we struggle to break them down in a similar way to the Morton Game. I would be interested to know how many of our goals have came in open play this year and havn't been shots from outside the box(I can think of two that Thomas has against Rovers and ICT which were both wonder strikes).

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite said:

1-1, Ayr with an early goal and we struggle to break them down in a similar way to the Morton Game. I would be interested to know how many of our goals have came in open play this year and havn't been shots from outside the box(I can think of two that Thomas has against Rovers and ICT which were both wonder strikes).

Donaldson against Hamilton a few weeks ago too.

2 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

First game I’ll miss live where there has been a crowd since pre covid.  

stick on 5-0 Pars win.

I also think a good 5-0 win is on the cards and with the additional factor of no Rossmcno1 a possible 6-0 win.

There is no way they will get past our goalie, not the way he is playing. 

• Like 2

On 13/04/2022 at 14:24, Superally said:

I think we can score, however we are crap at holding onto a lead and can put ourselves under great pressure. Ayr will be looking at the game as a must not lose and we will be looking at this as a must win. it will be a nervy game

I don't think it's so much about being crap at holding onto a lead, as a lack of confidence which comes with spending most of the season, close or at the foot of the table, S'Ally.  

Statistically, most teams who open the scoring, go on to win a game, but our league position leads to the players becoming anxious and nervous, putting themselves under unnecessary pressure by defending too deeply and conceding the initiative. No matter how much the manager may exhort his team to attack, fear can cause the opposite reaction.

Ayr, Partick and Raith at home have seen us buck that trend, let's fervently hope that continues tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1