Pars v Ayr Utd

Superally

20 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Donaldson looked to be limping for at least half an hour in the first half 

Yep, I thought that too did appear to be carrying a strain, I think Yogi was being protective by taking him off. Hopefully it isn't serious. Not the best in terms of performance but a great result and i'm grabbing it with both hands. COYP

Do think Ayr still have a slight advantage going into the last two.

They play QOTS first who are now all but down whereas we’re away at Partick who still need something to qualify for playoffs.

If Partick then get something that cements their place it will be all rest for the Ayr final game.

If we manage to pull it off and beat Partick, we stay up in my opinion.

I said during the first half that I thought Donaldson was struggling with a groin injury. Turns out he was and that was the reason he was off at half time. 
I’d say he’s done for the season now unless we are in the play offs. 

Ayr were the better side for the bulk of the match and should have been at least two ahead at half time. Adeloye with a sitter that Jakub kept out. 

Much like Arbroath, we struggle against two banks of four to penetrate.  
O’Conner stopped Edwards getting forward and that largely put paid to the service for Thomas. 
We couldn’t gain any real possession in midfield and that meant McCann was starved and Todd, a virtual spectator. 
Adeloye and Ashford occupied our centre backs and thank goodness, Adeloye was a little ring rusty after an injury lay off 

Going two up and then three up was the right thing to do. We had no choice but to gamble. We got lucky with the winner and possibly the free kick as on both occasions , you’d expect the keeper to save those. 

Happy to type that we played poorly and won. Not sure I’ve been able to say that this season ? 

Finally, ironic that the much maligned Peter Grant’s much maligned signings, scored the two goals that could yet keep us up. 

I’ll enjoy my tea tonight

Edited by Raymie
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I said during the first half that I thought Donaldson was struggling with a groin injury. Turns out he was and that was the reason he was off at half time. 
I’d say he’s done for the season now unless we are in the play offs. 

Bugger really? Sad news if true. He's been fantastic. Might be the last we see of him? 

Time for Breen to step up, could be the making of him! 

On 14/04/2022 at 11:50, worldwiderab said:

I also think a good 5-0 win is on the cards and with the additional factor of no Rossmcno1 a possible 6-0 win.

There is no way they will get past our goalie, not the way he is playing. 

Not quite 5-0 but a wins a win!  Never easy!!!

I think we all agree we had a large dollop of good luck yesterday. Ayr should have been out of sight on chances by half-time but chose to time waste in the second half. Feck them! There have been plenty of games this season when we deserved to get something but didn't. 

We've given ourselves a good chance of avoiding the play offs. Let's grab it!

Seeing the goals again gives a fresh perspective. I was convinced it was never a penalty but I hadn’t seen Donaldson tugging Adeloye’s wrist. The goalie’s positioning is really poor for Cole’s goal and he goes down like a sack of spuds for Todorov’s goal - but the defence also gave him the freedom of East End.

While Ayr were clearly the better team I don’t go along with the notion put forward by Lee Bullen that they should’ve been 4 up - you have to get shots on target to score goals and they didn’t do that.

I’m delighted with 3 points in adversity after seeing several games where we’ve been the better team and not won this season - The first game at home v Inverness and the home draw with Morton being just two that spring to mind.