Pars v Ayr Utd

Superally

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Donaldson has given the ref a decision to make, not quite a stonewaller for me but one the ref is justified in making.

It looked very soft to me, but then I'm rather biased and the ref was a lot closer to the incident. He missed a lot of fouls all the same. Apparently, he gave a total of 14 free kicks for fouls, which is a very low number for such a vital game. 

Definite penalty for me, thought Ambrose could have given away another with a push too. Would have been harsh but both hands on his back. The ref wasn't particularly great but got that one right.

Another cracking save from the keeper after another horrendous mistake from Ambrose. 

How weren't 3/4 down is unbelievable, well deserved luck after some the decisions that cost us points.

3 hours ago, Al k said:

Definite penalty for me, thought Ambrose could have given away another with a push too. Would have been harsh but both hands on his back. The ref wasn't particularly great but got that one right.

Another cracking save from the keeper after another horrendous mistake from Ambrose. 

How weren't 3/4 down is unbelievable, well deserved luck after some the decisions that cost us points.

If it’s the save in the first half then it’s Donaldson that goes diving in leaving miles of space for ayr to go into 

2 hours ago, Raymie said:

Donaldson didn’t really complain. Usually tells you all you need to know ?

Thought he was Injured early on first half, he must’ve been as his performance was absolutely awful the amount of times he was diving in and missing it completely then giving the penalty away. Unlike him as he’s been brilliant for us minus the Morton game 

He got injured through the week. It was a gamble that didn’t pay off. 
adductor injury. I can’t see him being fit for the run in 

I ruptured mine and was out 5 months. Gordon McEwan, ex pars physio, said he had never seen one as bad. Bruising down to my knee and I couldn’t even get in to bed 

5 minutes ago, Raymie said:

He got injured through the week. It was a gamble that didn’t pay off. 
adductor injury. I can’t see him being fit for the run in 

I ruptured mine and was out 5 months. Gordon McEwan, ex pars physio, said he had never seen one as bad. Bruising down to my knee and I couldn’t even get in to bed 

Let's hope Donaldson's injury is far less serious than yours, Raymie. I'm surprised he was asked/agreed to play. These situations are rarely worth the risk. 

He certainly looked like someone trying to push things even from the warm up.

In terms of risk,  it’s hard to tell, someone plays whilst not feeling 100% and gets further injured everyone hears about it,  Someone doesn’t feel 100% plays through it, gets through the game, rests up and recovers through the week and nobody even knows they were struggling.

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

If it’s the save in the first half then it’s Donaldson that goes diving in leaving miles of space for ayr to go into 

No 2nd half when Ambrose tried to play it across the box straight to an Ayr. About 4 minutes into the highlights first attack of the 2nd half. 

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

Let's hope Donaldson's injury is far less serious than yours, Raymie. I'm surprised he was asked/agreed to play. These situations are rarely worth the risk. 

No way as bad. Clearly the player thought he might be able to play and he's important to the team. He's not the first footballer to try to play when carrying an injury and he won't be the last. 

9 hours ago, Raymie said:

No way as bad. Clearly the player thought he might be able to play and he's important to the team. He's not the first footballer to try to play when carrying an injury and he won't be the last. 

Different players have different attitudes. I remember seeing Scott Wilson in the main stand before a game, when Stephen Kenny was the manager. I asked him why he wasn't playing and he said he'd felt a wee twinge in training on the Thursday. He then added, "The boss wanted me to play but I said, Nah, better not risk it." And with that he gave me a big smile and a wink.

Make of that what you will.....