Pars v Ayr Utd

Superally

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

Different players have different attitudes. I remember seeing Scott Wilson in the main stand before a game, when Stephen Kenny was the manager. I asked him why he wasn't playing and he said he'd felt a wee twinge in training on the Thursday. He then added, "The boss wanted me to play but I said, Nah, better not risk it." And with that he gave me a big smile and a wink.

Make of that what you will.....

I think a few players downed tools under Kenny

2 hours ago, rosythpar said:

A terrible performance on Saturday but a great result. 

Any idea if Martin is injured again?

I don't if he was injured or ill but he was unable to train last week. The lad hasn't had much luck on both counts, throughout his time at EEP.

Edited by GG Riva
Autocorrect error.

On 17/04/2022 at 14:26, Grant said:

I thought it was a penalty. 

I'd like another look at our claim, sadly isn't in the highlights. 

It was a definite pen. I didn't think so at the time as he seemed to go down really easy but what I didn't see, which is visible on the highlights, is Donaldson grabbed his arm and yanked him over. Stonewaller.

51 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Donaldson didn't really complain, if at all? That's a good sign that it was.

Aye, that's why I wasn't sure. From my seat though, it appeared he'd gone down with no contact whatsoever as the arm pull was on the opposite side and therefore couldn't see it. 

On 18/04/2022 at 09:39, GG Riva said:

I don't if he was injured or ill but he was unable to train last week. The lad hasn't had much luck on both counts, throughout his time at EEP.

If he is fit enough to play against Partick I would start him at left back,Edwards was poor on Saturday.

On 19/04/2022 at 21:04, rosythpar said:

If he is fit enough to play against Partick I would start him at left back,Edwards was poor on Saturday.

I'm glad you're not picking the team, RP. 🙂 You'd leave out a player who has been playing regularly and replace him with another who has featured only occasionally, so he's short of match fitness, couldn't train before the last game and be playing out of position to boot. 😃

37 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I'm glad you're not picking the team, RP. 🙂 You'd leave out a player who has been playing regularly and replace him with another who has featured only occasionally, so he's short of match fitness, couldn't train before the last game and be playing out of position to boot. 😃

If Martin has been training this week and is up to fitness I would start him. Edwards came into the Ayr half and misplaced his pass at least four times in the second half, he was lucky Ayr didn't punish us on the break.

Lewis Martin can play left back,he wouldn't be out of position?

Edited by rosythpar

3 hours ago, rosythpar said:

If Martin has been training this week and is up to fitness I would start him. Edwards came into the Ayr half and misplaced his pass at least four times in the second half, he was lucky Ayr didn't punish us on the break.

Lewis Martin can play left back,he wouldn't be out of position?

A week's training amounts to approx 3 days (full days Tues, Thurs. halfdays Mon, Fri) not nearly enough to be match fit or match sharp. Also Martin's preferred position is in central defence but I agree he has filled in well at both right and left back. Still wouldn't drop Edwards for a half fit replacement. It could backfire big time.