Jags v Pars

Superally

A great result over Ayr Utd puts Saturdays game against Partick into real perspective. It's away from home and while recent form indicates that the Pars are the form team in terms of our fellow relegation strugglers our away form this season has been abysmal. With two games left 3 points will probably ensure safety from relegation but it’s the matter of the all important 8th place that the Pars must have the ambition to aim for. The Firhill pitch is notoriously bad and must have contributed to the Jags recent poor form, however they should not be underestimated. In only taking 4 points from their last 5 games they are still in 4 place and McCall will be desperate to secure a play off place. Indeed the incentive for them is that 3 pts will ensure 4th spot over Raith Rovers. The Pars recent form has been based on good form at EEP, over the past 5 games the Pars have taken 9pts from 3 wins and 2 losses. Games between the teams this season it has been difficult to split the difference with a win each and a draw. The last outing was a comfortable Pars 4-1 win with a OG from Mayo and goals from Edwards, Pybus and Thomas. It will be another nervy affair at Firhill with I suspect very little in terms of thrills. Donaldson's injury may be crucial but I think both teams will share the spoils and take the point. 1-1 for me COYP.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Superally said:

A great result over Ayr Utd puts Saturdays game against Partick into real perspective. It's away from home and while recent form indicates that the Pars are the form team in terms of our fellow relegation strugglers our away form this season has been abysmal. With two games left 3 points will probably ensure safety from relegation but it’s the matter of the all important 8th place that the Pars must have the ambition to aim for. The Firhill pitch is notoriously bad and must have contributed to the Jags recent poor form, however they should not be underestimated. In only taking 4 points from their last 5 games they are still in 4 place and McCall will be desperate to secure a play off place. Indeed the incentive for them is that 3 pts will ensure 4th spot over Raith Rovers. The Pars recent form has been based on good form at EEP, over the past 5 games the Pars have taken 9pts from 3 wins and 2 losses. Games between the teams this season it has been difficult to split the difference with a win each and a draw. The last outing was a comfortable Pars 4-1 win with a OG from Mayo and goals from Edwards, Pybus and Thomas. It will be another nervy affair at Firhill with I suspect very little in terms of thrills. Donaldson's injury may be crucial but I think both teams will share the spoils and take the point. 1-1 for me COYP.

Good summary but Todd scored rather than Pybus.

This game has bad vibes about it…that 2-2 firhill game in mind too. Come on Pars let’s do this.

5 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Hughes needs to change things up for this game, the last 2 performances have been a total shambles. Would bring Comrie back in at right back.

2 up front is needed too. Go McCann and Ohara to start with and bring todorov on into 2nd half 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Agree about that. Nothing against Matty Todd, but Comrie would be my pick there, every time.

I’ve not been his biggest fan but for me, RB is where he’s found his feet in the team and young Matty has done more than enough to keep his place and I say that as a Comrie fan. 
No need to replace him IMO. 

• Upvote 1