Jags v Pars

Superally

9 minutes ago, Grant said:

In such a pivotal game that was absolutely pathetic, just like against Ayr, just like against, Killie, just like against Inverness. 

Since we last played QoTS we've played 11 games, and if we're being honest we've played well three times in that time, would getting relegate be so bad if we could jettison Hughes? 

Getting relegated could see us end up like Falkirk. That was an absolutely embarrassing performance and every player should be embarrassed putting in that so called performance. Yogi has to take huge amount of blame too as he should’ve changed it well before he did. The likes of jones breen todorov McCann getting a game was pathetic management 

20 minutes ago, Number Eleven said:

I would guess we changed to 3 at the back because Yogi didn’t trust either Breen or Jones in a 4 and we played 2 up front due to the pitch.

I would’ve rather play the back 3 that finished the game against ayr than play breen or jones. They wouldn’t get a game at juniors and I mean that they don’t have a clue between them

Brutal performance and every one of those players should be embarrassed with that display.

They know they had to step up, work hard and battle for a win. 
As for Mr Hughes he can talk all he wants but it’s what goes on for 90mins on a Saturday. Some of his decisions with the team especially late subs is 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️.

These players are lucky to have a job they love doing and train all week to play 90mins of football and that’s what us fans have to watch?

If it was me players would get a basic wage and the win bonus would be big…. I bet they would step up week in/out. 
Anyway next week is our cup final. WTF is going on with our club!

7 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Brutal performance and every one of those players should be embarrassed with that display.

They know they had to step up, work hard and battle for a win. 
As for Mr Hughes he can talk all he wants but it’s what goes on for 90mins on a Saturday. Some of his decisions with the team especially late subs is 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️.

These players are lucky to have a job they love doing and train all week to play 90mins of football and that’s what us fans have to watch?

If it was me players would get a basic wage and the win bonus would be big…. I bet they would step up week in/out. 
Anyway next week is our cup final. WTF is going on with our club!

Players and their agents hold all the aces these days. 40 years ago, Juve had one of the lowest basic wages in Serie A but a bonus system encompassing points won and league position ensured they would be by far the highest earners if they won the Scudetto. Jolly Jim McLean had a similar set up when Dundee United won their only Scottish title in 1983.

5 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Players and their agents hold all the aces these days. 40 years ago, Juve had one of the lowest basic wages in Serie A but a bonus system encompassing points won and league position ensured they would be by far the highest earners if they won the Scudetto. Jolly Jim McLean had a similar set up when Dundee United won their only Scottish title in 1983.

Yeh GG and McLean made the players live with a certain radius of Dundee… 
Do Scottish Chamionship players really need agents…. It’s not rocket science to agree your wage etc if you want to really play for a club.

11 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Yeh GG and McLean made the players live with a certain radius of Dundee… 
Do Scottish Chamionship players really need agents…. It’s not rocket science to agree your wage etc if you want to really play for a club.

Agents are disliked by almost everyone in football - a bit like estate agents  - but they do get the best deals for their clients. It's in their best interests, too, as they rake in a %age.

Eta. Your average agent is older, smarter and wiser than the average pro footballer. Your quote 're Jim McLean says it all - the players were obliged to live within 10 miles of Tannadice. They were also coerced into signing contracts as long as 10 years on low wages....

Edited by GG Riva

Really disappointed in Yogi since he came in, and not impressed with some of his signings, the utter rubbish on the park, and the total crap that he spouts in his post match interviews.  Don't think I could stand watching us next season under him, and I want him gone at the end of the season regardless of what league we finish up in, and hopefully our board have had the sense to put a relegation clause in his contract.  Today's performance was totally shocking and we couldn't even beat the first man from 2 corners that we had in quick succession in the second half.  Something far wrong when a club of our size and potential is floundering about at the bottom of the Championship, and hopefully big changes will be made if we manage to finish 8th and retain our Championship status.   However, I have a feeling that it's going to be the play offs for us, which could end up proving to be a step to far, especially if we manage to get to the final, and have to face Aidrie.

Some very dark looks in the directors box today I noticed.  Poor decisions on the football matters coming home to roost I fear, and they know it.

I could see what Hughes was trying to do today, and think the back 3 are getting a rough time unnecessarily.  Jones was fine, Breen had a couple of moments otherwise the issues lay elsewhere.   Our captain today was horrendously poor.  Todorov and McCann didn’t work out, but had no service.  The whole setup screamed “we don’t want to play football on this pitch so let’s play it in the air” and we are just not built for that.  Pybus was exposed, Chalmers isn’t the player you need in a relegation battle, Edwards again showed he has no right foot, Comrie anonymous. 

Ambrose was the clear indicator of Hughes game plan - thumping it every time he got it.  I don’t mind some long ball stuff if the players can adapt.  We can’t.  And then waiting so long to change it is one of those moments where you really do question the manager thought process.

a damning afternoon on a hellish pitch, and a pitch we might now have to return to.  At the start saw Hughes roll the ball onto the pitch and he looked absolutely crestfallen at the movement of it.

i think John Hughes let the pitch beat us today in his own mind.    Scunnered.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Some very dark looks in the directors box today I noticed.  Poor decisions on the football matters coming home to roost I fear, and they know it.

I could see what Hughes was trying to do today, and think the back 3 are getting a rough time unnecessarily.  Jones was fine, Breen had a couple of moments otherwise the issues lay elsewhere.   Our captain today was horrendously poor.  Todorov and McCann didn’t work out, but had no service.  The whole setup screamed “we don’t want to play football on this pitch so let’s play it in the air” and we are just not built for that.  Pybus was exposed, Chalmers isn’t the player you need in a relegation battle, Edwards again showed he has no right foot, Comrie anonymous. 

Ambrose was the clear indicator of Hughes game plan - thumping it every time he got it.  I don’t mind some long ball stuff if the players can adapt.  We can’t.  And then waiting so long to change it is one of those moments where you really do question the manager thought process.

a damning afternoon on a hellish pitch, and a pitch we might now have to return to.  At the start saw Hughes roll the ball onto the pitch and he looked absolutely crestfallen at the movement of it.

i think John Hughes let the pitch beat us today in his own mind.    Scunnered.

The board are completely to blame for the mess we are in. 

• Upvote 2