What ifs, buts and maybes

Rossmcno1

What a great thread.Β πŸ˜€

Going back a bit now, but what if the future Sir Alex hadn't put his boots on the wrong way round in our penultimate home game v struggling St Johnstone in 1965? He would have kept his place in the SC Final v Celtic the following week and we might well have completed a League and Cup double - something which we can't even dream about today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

What a great thread.Β πŸ˜€

Going back a bit now, but what if the future Sir Alex hadn't put his boots on the wrong way round in our penultimate home game v struggling St Johnstone in 1965? He would have kept his place in the SC Final v Celtic the following week and we might well have completed a League and Cup double - something which we can't even dream about today.

The treble was even mentioned at one point- league, Scottish Cup and Fairs cup.Β 

On 26/04/2022 at 18:18, Digs said:

No, it was Aberdeen under Ebbe Skovdhal.

I can see why you disagree with me Digs, my wording implies that only Motherwell benefitted from Brockville being a pig sty.Β  No idea why I did that because I had a feeling Falkirk were denied promotion more than once.Β  I looked into it and Aberdeen finished bottom in 1999-2000, then Motherwell were bottom in 2002-03.