Pars v QoS

Superally

This is it, the final game of the 2021/22 season and while at the beginning of the season many of us would be dreaming of a top 4 play off place, The actual reality is not a dream but a nightmare of a relegation playoff place. It is what its and the Pars and the faithful just have to get on with it. Unfortunately, the Pars will continue to look over their shoulder and hope that Ayr lose or manage a draw at best. The Pars must also seek that all important and elusive win. Ayr Utd face Partick who are mathematically catchable but Raith would have to hope to win and by more than 8 clear goals. The Pars just hope to better any result that Ayr Utd get and to do that they must face newly relegated QoS. The Doonhamers will have pride to play for and Willie Gibson will be aiming to do his former Pars side no favours whatsoever. Head to head matches between the teams has been honours even with the Pars losing their first outing 0-1 followed by a 3-3 draw and finally a 0-2 Pars win with goals from Dorans and Pybus. Its going to be another difficult night at EEP on Friday and we all hope the players see the importance of that 8th place. Hopefully 8th place has more importance than QoS and pride at FT. I simply have to go for a Pars 2-1 win COYP

• Upvote 1

If we want to win our performance will need to be a lot better than what the last three have been,nothing short of woeful and how we managed to get 3 out of 9 points is amazing.

Yogi has to go for it and put an attacking team out, Thomas on from the start. It's out of our hands now and all we can do is win and hope Ayr drop points. 

44 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

If we want to win our performance will need to be a lot better than what the last three have been,nothing short of woeful and how we managed to get 3 out of 9 points is amazing.

Yogi has to go for it and put an attacking team out, Thomas on from the start. It's out of our hands now and all we can do is win and hope Ayr drop points. 

I'd be flabbergasted if Thomas isn't playing. I'm sure it will be back to his 4-2-3-1 formation with the fullbacks getting forward at every opportunity

I'm actually pretty confident on for this, i'll be watching with more than half an eye on what's happening at Somerset.

I reckon the biggest risk of us losing is news of ayr going a few goals up going round the stadium and making its way onto the pitch, in which case who cares? we'd be in the play-offs anyway.

11 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Ayr to draw and us to f*ck it up anyway and lose 1-0.

Booooooo!   I'm pretty sure you're taking the pith there, Thanguine... 🙄

If that were to happen, there would - quite rightly - be a lot of angry Pars fans after the game and there would be no hiding place for Yogi and his players. Perhaps they would eventually be forgiven if they negotiated the play offs successfully. I think we'll win by 2 or 3 -0 but I don't see Ayr failing to beat Thistle for the same reason as us. We're both playing teams who will not be especially motivated - QOS are on a downer and Partick will have both eyes on next week's promotion play off.

Hope springs eternal though..... 😀 

I am in line with the prevailing view that we should win this one by 2 or 3 goals. If we don't, then I don't think we need worry about the play-offs, as the manager and the players will obviously blow them sharpish, probably after the first leg of the first encounter at Firhill.

I hate everything about this season. Everything seems to have gone wrong...

At the weekend, I was thinking that it was the 54th anniversary of our Scottish Cup win in 1968. My thoughts turned back to the happiest and most fulfilling day of my Pars supporting life. I was just a kid standing on the terracing at the half way line at Hampden, soaking it all in. But we won the cup that April day, meaning that I could forever proudly say, yes I was there! 

The intervening years have not been particularly kind to the Pars. There seem to have been way more bad days than good. In common with a fair number of folk on here, I am much, much closer to the end of the runway than I am to the beginning, and time is fast running out to see and enjoy any further Pars success. 

If we are relegated this season, I honestly don't know if I can bear it any more. Through streaming services, I have watched all but perhaps a dozen Pars matches live home and away in the past five years. A Saturday 3pm kickoff time means that I have to set my alarm for Sunday morning 2am for most of the season. 

If we go down, it may just be my time to say farewell to all of this and offer sincere thanks to DAFC for consistent underachievement and way, way too few happy memories... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OzPar said:

I am in line with the prevailing view that we should win this one by 2 or 3 goals. If we don't, then I don't think we need worry about the play-offs, as the manager and the players will obviously blow them sharpish, probably after the first leg of the first encounter at Firhill.

I hate everything about this season. Everything seems to have gone wrong...

At the weekend, I was thinking that it was the 54th anniversary of our Scottish Cup win in 1968. My thoughts turned back to the happiest and most fulfilling day of my Pars supporting life. I was just a kid standing on the terracing at the half way line at Hampden, soaking it all in. But we won the cup that April day, meaning that I could forever proudly say, yes I was there! 

The intervening years have not been particularly kind to the Pars. There seem to have been way more bad days than good. In common with a fair number of folk on here, I am much, much closer to the end of the runway than I am to the beginning, and time is fast running out to see and enjoy any further Pars success. 

If we are relegated this season, I honestly don't know if I can bear it any more. Through streaming services, I have watched all but perhaps a dozen Pars matches live home and away in the past five years. A Saturday 3pm kickoff time means that I have to set my alarm for Sunday morning 2am for most of the season. 

If we go down, it may just be my time to say farewell to all of this and offer sincere thanks to DAFC for consistent underachievement and way, way too few happy memories... 

OzPar if we do go down and we have a good start to the season and Falkirk have a bad start and are near the bottom you will be watching so don't throw the alarm clock out yet.

• Upvote 2