Pars v QoS

Superally

Tensions are clearly running high at the moment but changing the manager isn’t going to solve this.

It’s always the easiest conclusion to jump to but it doesn’t work does it, AJ, Crawford, Grant…fans have called for heads and we’ve got progressively worse.

How much of the performance was down to just knowing the Ayr score, the game was meaningless after about 10mins.

The situation was an absolute mess when Yogi came in, he’s only had one very difficult transfer window and is working with players he won’t see having a long term future with, but obviously he wouldn’t openly admit it.

Ambrose, Chalmers, Polworth mentioned but we’ve omitted the GK and Lawless, they’ve been alright? Tin hat on but I think Chalmers has been alright as well with exception to tonight.

Since Yogi has come in, we have improved,  not leaps and bounds but we’ve managed to compete and win a handful of home games which has been some feat considering how brutal this season and team has been.

He needs a fair crack at it with his own squad whether that be in the Championship or League One. I can’t think of any manager that would be any better than what we have that would want to come here.

We need to suck it up and accept there is no quick fix to the situation we are in which as Deutsche points out has predominantly been caused by the appointment of Grant, but it’s ok we gave RM, one of the key people securing that appointment a great send off tonight.

• Upvote 1

I thought we started the game well tonight but the second half was very poor. The team looked spineless and not up for a relegation battle at all which is very concerning going into the playoffs.

We have definitely improved under Yogi but from a very low base. The appointment of Peter Grant has really sunk us. It was a huge job to undo the mess he made.

17 minutes ago, Berry said:

Tensions are clearly running high at the moment but changing the manager isn’t going to solve this.

It’s always the easiest conclusion to jump to but it doesn’t work does it, AJ, Crawford, Grant…fans have called for heads and we’ve got progressively worse.

Because we keep appointing worse, and worse managers. 

For your nonsense point to have any credence are you saying we shouldn't have sacked Grant? What rubbish. 

No Grant was the only one out of them I actually backed for being sacked.

If we hadn’t hounded Crawford out, he would have done better this season I have no doubt. Changing manager isn’t always the answer is my point.

Yogi has the most managerial experience than what we’ve had in recent years and has decent credibility. We need to give him the time to sort it out, one transfer window having inherited a team of wasters I don’t think is fair to base an assessment on whether he should keep his job or not.

If he keeps us up through these playoffs, he’ll be our manager next season, if we don’t, I can’t think of anyone else I’d have more faith in than Yogi to get us back up so for me he stays.

Just now, Berry said:

No Grant was the only one out of them I actually backed for being sacked.

If we hadn’t hounded Crawford out, he would have done better this season I have no doubt. Changing manager isn’t always the answer is my point.

Yogi has the most managerial experience than what we’ve had in recent years and has decent credibility. We need to give him the time to sort it out, one transfer window having inherited a team of wasters I don’t think is fair to base an assessment on whether he should keep his job or not.

If he keeps us up through these playoffs, he’ll be our manager next season, if we don’t, I can’t think of anyone else I’d have more faith in than Yogi to get us back up so for me he stays.

Done better? What praise! The aim has been to get promoted, we were never going to get promoted with Johnston, he got sacked and we went for the cheapest appointment, Crawford was never going to get us promoted, him leaving wasn't a problem, the problem is the absolute incompetence at the boardroom level who with the best chance of promotion in a decade, appointed Grant. To get rid of him and then appoint Hughes? Christ. 

Yogi has little to no credibility with anyone who takes half an interest in the Scottish game, he's got pals in the media who like to bump him up but he's useless. 

Whether we stay up now or not he shouldn't be here next season, he's shown in the January window that he can't be trusted to build a squad, and he's shown throughout his tenure he can't be trusted to manage a team. 

John Hughes:

Falkirk promotion to Premier League in 2005.

Took Falkirk to the Scottish Cup final in 2009, narrowly defeated by Rangers.

First season with Hibs got them Europa League qualification.

Took ICT to a cup final with a narrow defeat, guided them to third, their highest ever position and European football. He also then subsequently won the Scottish cup.

Saved Ross County from relegation.

Give us a name of a manager who would be willing to take Dunfermline on with that experience.

Edited by Berry

Again, anyone who's paid half a bit of attention to Scottish football knows he's got little to no credibility. That's why since ICT he's had three jobs, all teams fighting relegation, are desperate and who get drawn in from his achievements from over a decade ago, in ours and Raith cases we've found why no one else wants him. 

In county's case they didn't want to keep him despite keeping him up. 

If his achievements from managing Falkirk are what seals the deal for keeping him in the post then I pity you.