Pars v QoS

Superally

Never been covinced that Yogi's footballing philosophy was flexible enough. It's great when it works, but those moments  are few and far between. 

I just feel that we are really soft. Something that Yogi pointed out at the start. He then went on to sign guys like Chalmers and Polworth, who are terrified in a 50/50. Ambrose is a liability at the back but again, he likes to pass the ball so ignore everything else.  There's more to football that keeping the ball and Yogi's team just neglect all the other stuff.

It might be down to me being really down hearted tonight, but I don't see a future with Yogi. He's stuck in his ways.

In County’s case, he got the job done that he was asked to do. They then wanted to go in a different direction with a different footballing style of which they were entitled to do, why does that have to mean Hughes was not valued or at fault somehow.

It’s really easy to big up a persons failures in their career and disregard any of their achievements regardless of how far back they were.

I’ll give you McIntyre, he was one I would have liked to have seen come back but Levein, the guy who detests Dunfermline, aye he’d be a sound pick.

Thanks for the shortlist of names Raymie, I’ll reflect on them and come back tomorrow. I noticed Coyle was in attendance tonight.

For what it’s worth Hughes wasn’t my top choice for the managerial job, McIntyre was up there but I was willing to accept a few years working with an upcoming manager who had promise, I was willing Petrie to take the plunge to be honest with how good he’s done with Montrose but reflecting on it now glad he decided not to bother as his reputation with the Pars would likely be in tatters the moment a poor run came along.

Hughes is our manager now though so I’ll back him and continue to back him until I feel he’s had enough of an opportunity to turn this around, for me that isn’t now after only a handful of months. I’m not as trigger happy as others.

Edited by Berry

Alan Preston's summary on BBC Scotland was damming, absolutely damming, and he is related to Yogi. I couldn't argue or disagree with a single point that he made. Its difficult to be even remotely optimistic now and listening to Yogi on the radio you could hear he was trying to be upbeat but the reality is that even he is struggling to change it. What a mess we are in. We have to face QoS in a play off and the confidence is so low that Yogi's summary determines he has no choice but to talk the players and the fans up - but it comes across as patronising platitudes.   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

**** this board who appointed this **** show of a coaching staff(x3), **** the manager and the coaches and **** the players,  they can all **** off, waster cunts who deserve nothing. Useless wank cunts 

Clearly in need of a substantial drink  

Here's ma take on the game. That's the worst team I've seen at EEP this season (QOS that is) Should have been out of sight by half-time, with the chances missed. The wee number 10 for them was decent. 2nd half Mr Hyde came back. Not sure if the players knew the score, but really should have pushed for another 45 minutes, incase Partick pulled one back. The result and performance would have made no difference had we won 6-0, as Ayr did the business. Let's be honest, Ayr are a better team than us.

4 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Here's ma take on the game. That's the worst team I've seen at EEP this season (QOS that is) Should have been out of sight by half-time, with the chances missed. The wee number 10 for them was decent. 2nd half Mr Hyde came back. Not sure if the players knew the score, but really should have pushed for another 45 minutes, incase Partick pulled one back. The result and performance would have made no difference had we won 6-0, as Ayr did the business. Let's be honest, Ayr are a better team than us.

The players knew the score alright. They would have guessed as the first half went on. The NW stopped singing. The atmosphere was flat. It's easy to say they should have kept going and of course, they should have as professional players, but it's easier said than done. We desperately need someone to stick the ball in the net. O'Hara in the first half and McCann in the second should be scoring. Both are gilt edged chances and not even remotely hard. 

FWIW, I agree with Berry. He needs to be given more time in order to make a fair assessment. Having said that, I don't think he will stay on, should we go down? The majority of the fans would not accept it and I think he would sense that?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Raymie said:

The players knew the score alright. They would have guessed as the first half went on. The NW stopped singing. The atmosphere was flat. It's easy to say they should have kept going and of course, they should have as professional players, but it's easier said than done. We desperately need someone to stick the ball in the net. O'Hara in the first half and McCann in the second should be scoring. Both are gilt edged chances and not even remotely hard. 

FWIW, I agree with Berry. He needs to be given more time in order to make a fair assessment. Having said that, I don't think he will stay on, should we go down? The majority of the fans would not accept it and I think he would sense that?

So a complete lack of professionalism from our players? Hardly surprising. Absolutely no confidence that this team will be able to keep us up, keep hearing they give 100% etc but it’s always just excuse after excuse made for them. I was in hospitality for the game and to be honest, talking to a few ex players they were concerned about us going into the play offs

Yogi has signed bottom half premier league players for a Championship relegation battle.  That and untried loanees from English Premier league teams.  We go down he’s got to go, along with almost every player above the age of 25, start again.  

That last night in terms of a capitulation was right up there with Cowdenbeath play off, defeat v Airdrie and I’m stopping myself thinking of others for my own well being 😂

And who the f*** thought appointing Peter Grant, and then John Hughes - both with Championship relegation on their recent CV’s, would be a good idea.  I keep coming back to that and thinking it’s the most ridiculous set of footballing decisions a club has made in some time! 

• Upvote 1

I thought at the time Yogi was a good appointment (he wasnt my first choice) after the job he done at Ross County last season but it's looking like we have got the same Yogi that got relegated with the Rovers.

If we get relegated hes got to go because he has failed his target of keeping us up. If he keeps us up would still be questioning if he is the man for the job,the last four performances have been terrible and some of his decisions have been baffling-releasing Vytas,loaning out Wighton and playing McCann up top on his own.

The board backed him in January and his signings haven't been good enough.