Pars v QoS

Superally

Vytas was homesick was he not and struggled to settle.

Wighton was arguably our best finisher at the club but he had opportunities and didn’t really make much of them, can’t say I’ve really rued Wighton moving on since he left to be honest.

McCann up front on his own was in an effort to try and plug the gap and issue of leaking stupid goals. In that role, McCann did pretty well, he would benefit from another striker up there to link with though but who do you put up? Todorov who’s not really had an impact and O’Hara who as a striker should hang his head in shame at not getting a couple of goals last night, McCann would’ve finished them.

11 minutes ago, Berry said:

Wighton was arguably our best finisher at the club but he had opportunities and didn’t really make much of them, can’t say I’ve really rued Wighton moving on since he left to be honest.

McCann up front on his own was in an effort to try and plug the gap and issue of leaking stupid goals. In that role, McCann did pretty well, he would benefit from another striker up there to link with though but who do you put up? Todorov who’s not really had an impact and O’Hara who as a striker should hang his head in shame at not getting a couple of goals last night, McCann would’ve finished them.

McCann definitely wouldn’t have finished them. What about Thomas’s ball into the box for him to not even get a touch on it, was on a plate for him

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

So a complete lack of professionalism from our players? Hardly surprising. Absolutely no confidence that this team will be able to keep us up, keep hearing they give 100% etc but it’s always just excuse after excuse made for them. I was in hospitality for the game and to be honest, talking to a few ex players they were concerned about us going into the play offs

I'd say it had more to do with human nature, KP. Agree they should have been more professional, but it's hard when you know that winning isn't enough. Yogi taking off Coll and Dom in case they were injured confirmed that the towel had been thrown in. 

We lost any chance of 8th at Firhill last week. Even a draw would have made a huge difference to both our last game and Ayr's last night.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I'd say it had more to do with human nature, KP. Agree they should have been more professional, but it's hard when you know that winning isn't enough. Yogi taking off Coll and Dom in case they were injured confirmed that the towel had been thrown in. 

We lost any chance of 8th at Firhill last week. Even a draw would have made a huge difference to both our last game and Ayr's last night.

Also KP, I’m sure he has learned from calling out the players at Raith. I’m certain he doesn’t think the players are giving it their all, but he can’t very well thrown them under the bus as he needs them ?

6 hours ago, Berry said:

Vytas was homesick when he first came over but settled in better when his family joined him. He said in an interview he would consider playing in Scotland again. The reason he left was because Yogi told him he couldn't guarantee him game time and he decided it was best to leave for his international career.

Wighton is a better striker than anything else we have got at the moment and never really got a consistent run in the team this season.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Vytas was homesick when he first came over but settled in better when his family joined him. He said in an interview he would consider playing in Scotland again. The reason he left was because Yogi told him he couldn't guarantee him game time and he decided it was best to leave for his international career.

Wighton is a better striker than anything else we have got at the moment and never really got a consistent run in the team this season.

When Wighton signed and started his Pars journey he looked to be the answer to us scoring,  but his effort and workrate slowly declined for whatever reason, I watched him closely before he moved on and he was actually hiding during games, not making himself available for the final pass. Maybe a confidence/ bad man management/coaching thing ?? I was not sorry to see him go TBH 

3 hours ago, Raymie said:

Also KP, I’m sure he has learned from calling out the players at Raith. I’m certain he doesn’t think the players are giving it their all, but he can’t very well thrown them under the bus as he needs them ?

The majority of our squad are putting their heart into it.  Unfortunately we may need to see a few of the half-hearted ones pull something out to see us through. 

That said I could see a few being lucky to go home last night without a rattled jaw. Donaldson was absolutely ready to go through a few of the ****ebags in front of him. 

Polworth, Chalmers etc are capable players but they really need a good telling. They must realise that winning 50/50s are important and moving for a pass is essentially. 

Edited by parsforlife

''Polworth, Chalmers etc are capable players but they really need a good telling. They must realise that winning 50/50s are important and moving for a pass is essentially.''

They both came with a reputation of lacking aggression and not the busiest of players.  Which I find a bit strange, as Yogi pointed out that we were a bit soft when he came. Doesn't get much softer than those two.

I think a major part of the problem is Yogi's approach to management. The flak he received from his Rovers' rant a few years ago seems to have had a long-term effect on him. He appears to have overcompensated to the extent that now he wants to be everyone's mate. In other words, he is doing a "David Brent".

As any decent manager will tell you, this is a huge mistake. The comedian manager very quickly converts to the clown and before very long, the players see indecision, delayed actions and a failure to criticise, and their natural response is insubordination, ill discipline and outright disobeying of that manager's instructions. 

It is evident that there are several players who are not following any plan and are simply going through the motions and playing their own game. 

We all know who they are. 

I'd be telling the players, I hope you've got a good agent, cause you gonna need one. Chemistry is all wrong at the club, right through. Most folk want a successful team on the park and to be entertained most/some match days. It's becoming a bit of a chore going to games these days.

15 hours ago, Tartan Army Par said:

''Polworth, Chalmers etc are capable players but they really need a good telling. They must realise that winning 50/50s are important and moving for a pass is essentially.''

They both came with a reputation of lacking aggression and not the busiest of players.  Which I find a bit strange, as Yogi pointed out that we were a bit soft when he came. Doesn't get much softer than those two.

Yogi also signed Ambrose, one of the softest cb's I've ever seen. He just chats utter, utter **** 

Remember how he couldn't play Vytas at cb because he needs a left footed cb? Not been an issue since Ambrose joined. 

• Upvote 1