Playoffs

SanguinePar

I’m assuming they have control over the prices for this match, they aren’t obliged to charge at the standard match cost throughout the season?

If it is within our gift then £22/£20 is absolutely scandalous. The amount of money fans have paid towards the club and what they’ve been through this season, for what truly is a massive game to charge that speaks volumes.

People paid that price for that performance last night man.

I will be one of the fools that pays for the QP game but the final May end up just being an Alba job.

7 minutes ago, Berry said:

I’m assuming they have control over the prices for this match, they aren’t obliged to charge at the standard match cost throughout the season?

Yes, there's absolutely nothing stopping them charging less or letting season tickets holders in etc. This is just a money grab.

A disgraceful decision by the BOD to charge the fans £20 for a relegation play off game. We pay £300 for season tickets and £20 a month in to the lifeline and then they have the hard neck to charge us full price for this. Its take take with them and give nothing back to the fans who have backed them every season. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, DougieDave said:

There is no way we are winning 4 games ……. 

Fackinell! We're beaten before a ball is kicked, according to the posters on this thread. A wheen o' fekkin Pvte. Fraser's fae Dads Army. 🙁

The play offs are a totally different proposition to last night's game. Who seriously expected Ayr to fail against a Partick team resting its key players? The manager and his squad knew fine well they blew it last week and were just whistling in the dark.

We now have to beat 2 teams who haven't been good enough to win League . We get 2 games against each with the 2nd game at home. Why should we be fearful? I'm not saying we should be arrogant or complacent - we'll have to scrap for every ball, but we can beat both Queens Park and the winners of the other semi. To go into these games fearing the worst is likely to bring about exactly that. I sincerely hope the players Hughes sends out have a more positive mindset than some of you....

DD - I don't want to be pedantic but we don't have to win 4 games. We just have to get through the ties. 4 draws and 2 wins on pens would suffice, although I hope we will be spared that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

We now have to beat 2 teams who haven't been good enough to win League . We get 2 games against each with the 2nd game at home. Why should we be fearful? I'm not saying we should be arrogant or complacent - we'll have to scrap for every ball, but we can beat both Queens Park and the winners of the other semi. To go into these games fearing the worst is likely to bring about exactly that. I sincerely hope the players Hughes sends out have a more positive mindset than some of you....

Those teams may not have been good enough to win the league, but their confidence will be riding high. Certainly higher than a team that has been rattling around relegation most of the season.

I am sure Hughes will set out with a positive mindset, as he has since he started. A positive mindset means sod all if the competence is lacking on the pitch. 

This is not Private Frazer stuff, this is the cold hard reality.

It will rank as a minor miracle if the Pars stay up. One that will have other teams cursing their rotten luck, as I am sure it will be down to luck if the miracle does happen.

1 hour ago, Teuchter said:

Those teams may not have been good enough to win the league, but their confidence will be riding high. Certainly higher than a team that has been rattling around relegation most of the season.

I am sure Hughes will set out with a positive mindset, as he has since he started. A positive mindset means sod all if the competence is lacking on the pitch. 

This is not Private Frazer stuff, this is the cold hard reality.

It will rank as a minor miracle if the Pars stay up. One that will have other teams cursing their rotten luck, as I am sure it will be down to luck if the miracle does happen.

Sorry, mate - I couldn't disagree with you more. In any sport, if you go out thinking you might get beat - you will. If you believe you can win - you might.

Confidence can only take you so far. If you're up against more gifted opponents, they should be able to make you work harder and run further, causing you to tire towards the end of the game. 

That's how I see it anyway. A team from a higher league should be able to beat another from a lower one, at least 9 times out of 10 over 2 legs. A one off game can be lost far more easily.

I don't know how else to describe any fan than Private Frazer, when they tell me we've no chance of beating Queens Park, never mind Airdrie and that we'll definitely be playing in League 1 next season.

I'm not exactly a blind optimist, I said last week we would be in the play offs. I'm reasonably confident we'll stay up, but I'm not arrogant enough to dismiss the possibility of  an upset. I think the players will belatedly get their act together. 

• Like 1