Playoffs

SanguinePar

17 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

That's how I see it anyway. A team from a higher league should be able to beat another from a lower one, at least 9 times out of 10 over 2 legs. A one off game can be lost far more easily.

It’s nowhere near that, in the spfl era the championship club has won the playoffs 4 times out of the 7 played. 

We certainly can win them, nothing is settled.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

It’s nowhere near that, in the spfl era the championship club has won the playoffs 4 times out of the 7 played. 

For us to win them, we'll have to play extremely well and find CONSISTENCY. That's the hard bit. Makes nae difference home or away first. One poor performance, then it's Goodnight Irene. Airdrie and Montrose are playing well consistently. 

Edited by scottyboy
I would expect us to beat QP

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The problem is the team in div 1 is on a high and positive where we are on a downer and play like a sack of tatties…. Hopefully Hughes just concentrates on the game and not spouting the usual rubbish beforehand. 
Hopefully we had some sort of management watching Queens/Montrose/Airdrie to report back on how they play just incase we made the play offs? 

• Like 1

Have to say that £20 is a absolute rip off and sheer robbery, especially after this season and with Covid this has been a real snub to Pars fans. I'm also disappointed that ST holders will not be allowed in. It has hardly been good value this season and I suspect given the current and anticipated cost of living crisis a good few will be reconsidering renewing theirs for next season especially if we get relegated.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, scottyboy said:

For us to win them, we'll have to play extremely well and find CONSISTENCY. That's the hard bit. Makes nae difference home or away first. One poor performance, then it's Goodnight Irene. Airdrie and Montrose are playing well consistently. 

My optimism says that our bad performances have largely not ended up in big defeats. We haven’t crumbled to a big goal defeat since January.  Our bad performances have largely been away from home, I’m of the thought if we can come through the away ties without a big defeat we have a good chance.

18 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

The problem is the team in div 1 is on a high and positive where we are on a downer and play like a sack of tatties…. Hopefully Hughes just concentrates on the game and not spouting the usual rubbish beforehand. 
Hopefully we had some sort of management watching Queens/Montrose/Airdrie to report back on how they play just incase we made the play offs? 

I’d hope we’d have as many bodies as possible watching the league 1 potential opponents over the past few weeks. Coyle watched us yesterday, I’d have expected our management team to have been round the grounds today, which won’t have given a huge amount away given squad rotation but should have given an look at style of play 

1 hour ago, Superally said:

Have to say that £20 is a absolute rip off and sheer robbery, especially after this season and with Covid this has been a real snub to Pars fans. I'm also disappointed that ST holders will not be allowed in. It has hardly been good value this season and I suspect given the current and anticipated cost of living crisis a good few will be reconsidering renewing theirs for next season especially if we get relegated.

I don't if this was a Board decision or down to a single individual but it's painfully obvious that our loyal fans are angry and resentful right across social media platforms. It's a clear misjudgement of the mood which will deter a significant number from attending the play off matches and may even spill over into next season, especially if the unthinkable happens.

It would be good if someone at the club held their hand up and said "We've reconsidered our pricing for these games and the new prices are X, Y and Z. 

Had we made the promotion play offs, nobody would have batted an eyelid. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I don't if this was a Board decision or down to a single individual but it's painfully obvious that our loyal fans are angry and resentful right across social media platforms. It's a clear misjudgement of the mood which will deter a significant number from attending the play off matches and may even spill over into next season, especially if the unthinkable happens.

It would be good if someone at the club held their hand up and said "We've reconsidered our pricing for these games and the new prices are X, Y and Z. 

Had we made the promotion play offs, nobody would have batted an eyelid. 

Will be radio silence from the board over  this GG,they are fleecing the loyal fans and this decision could impact season ticket sales. You would have thought the new CEO would have read the room and realised the pricing would led to an angry response.

We wouldnt be bothered paying £20 for a promotion play off because that is the position the club should be in and not fighting for survival. You used to get some good benefits with having a season ticket but not anymore. £10 for adults and £5 for concessions would have been fair I think. 

They aren’t going to change the pricing now for Saturday, far too late as a lot have bought tickets already.

I don’t think GG there has been a misjudgement of the mood, you’d think it was an absolute no brainer, the team have been brutal this season but when they have played at their best it’s when the crowd has been on it, so pack the stadium with £10 entrants and teams like Queens Park/Airdrie/Montrose are more likely to crumble.

That’s not what the board have done, they’ve used it as an opportunity to fleece fans and take advantage knowing that a lot of fans (including myself) will suck it up and pay up because it is such a big game. It’s a blatant money grab.

They should be ashamed of themselves, advertising season tickets to fans, buy early, gives us an opportunity to be best prepared for the promotion push…£300+ a ticket.

Make no mistake, this season was an excellent opportunity for us to get promoted. 

The board hire Peter Grant who didn’t even apply for the gig and were too stubborn to make the changes that were so obvious to so many so early on, instead post daft statements targeting the fans and now we’re close to being relegated, which is a real possibility, none of these teams are going to be pushovers.

It truly has been a shambles.

Edited by Berry
Changed the Wed to Sat..doh!
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, livipar2 said:

Drew Main quite often comments on threads like this either on here or dot.net. Hopefully he does again or at least noted the fans views on pricing and feeds back. Common sense will then hopefully prevail!

When do we ever hear anything from the SLO folk? 

The club itself are f*ckin hopless at communication. Taking the punters for granted after that horrible season. Oh aye, ram your season ticket, gies yir cash. 

They seem to keep ignoring fans concerns, or questions. "is Charlie D's open?", answer back from a club employee is "not enough staff". They'll have enough staff for hospitality though: enough to service the usual crowd. 

I am seriously considering giving them up. They don't appear to give a f*ck, so why should I? 

I know enough in life to determine when situations are good, and when they're not. There's something rotten about our club. There's an apathy of sorts. I can f*ckin smell it. 

• Upvote 2