Playoffs

SanguinePar

1 minute ago, Piracy said:

When do we ever hear anything from the SLO folk? 

The club itself are f*ckin hopless at communication. Taking the punters for granted after that horrible season. Oh aye, ram your season ticket, gies yir cash. 

They seem to keep ignoring fans concerns, or questions. "is Charlie D's open?", answer back from a club employee is "not enough staff". They'll have enough staff for hospitality though: enough to service the usual crowd. 

I am seriously considering giving them up. They don't appear to give a f*ck, so why should I? 

I know enough in life to determine when situations are good, and when they're not. There's something rotten about our club. There's an apathy of sorts. I can f*ckin smell it. 

Hard to disagree with any of that. 

Mentioned this on Twitter also.  The only ticket left for Wolfsburg's match with Bayern München is €30.  Less than 10 pounds more to watch the Bundesliga Champions compared to the relegation play-offs for the third tier in Scotland. 

You are absolutely spot on @Piracy

The fans are the last consideration (well, the ordinary ones. Fans with money are fine). 

It has been going on for a while, my Dad brought in a couple of shirt sponsors from Switzerland as well as himself but chucked it after the sponsors' event was changed from the Sunday afternoon after the last away match of the season with at least 6 months notice to whenever they could squeeze it in on a midweek evening with at most 2 weeks' notice which is absolutely no good for sponsors abroad who would like to be there.  The last one I was at even the players were ****ed off because they were missing the Champions League on the telly. 

It is going to be interesting how long the board wait until they are shilling season tickets and new strips to a completely disenfranchised fan base. 

• Upvote 2

presume everybody just got the email about hospitality for Queen’s Park too?  For just £45…I laughed.  Talk about their timing - though suppose they can’t win  now.

Id like to hear who decided the £20 price point and their reasoning.  I don’t understand it.  It’s so tone deaf it’s unreal, proper smack in the pus for the fans.

26 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

presume everybody just got the email about hospitality for Queen’s Park too?  For just £45…I laughed.  Talk about their timing - though suppose they can’t win  now.

Id like to hear who decided the £20 price point and their reasoning.  I don’t understand it.  It’s so tone deaf it’s unreal, proper smack in the pus for the fans.

Mind you dinnae have to pay it. Maybe if there is poor ticket sales this week,  they might have to review it. Hopefully they'll let season ticket holders in for a fiver, then the rest of us riff raff in for a tenner. 

Edited by scottyboy
I'm no telling anyone not to pay it, I'm just keeping mines in ma pocket just now

13 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Mind you dinnae have to pay it. Maybe if there is poor ticket sales this week,  they might have to review it. Hopefully they'll let season ticket holders in for a fiver, then the rest of us riff raff in for a tenner. 

I’m a sap idiot though buddy. I bought my ticket as soon as it came thru so I got my seat.

I’m probably one of the worst fans out there as I enable the board to charge those prices and behave like this without any consequence.  But everyone has their breaking point…it’s a long road back for the club after that. 

Be great if they did a wee grovel and says “we made a mistake we’re sorry here’s the plan and it’s sorted”.  But I’m not holding my breath as honestly I’m exasperated by their decision making this season when it comes to their communication with the fans.   Really thought we’d started getting somewhere at the fans forum but it’s gone seriously wrong again since then. 

I do understand the people who have paid for the game already to get their usual seat, and perhaps the club are relying on enough people doing the same to try and justify the nonsensical pricing.  

I do hope that it is a pathetically low number so that they have review it. 

How many times have they said that they need the fans' backing and support this season only for the players to let everybody down? 

The fans have been brilliant all season despite the players being a disgrace and the board having a pop punishing the entire fan base for a few idiots being dicks to Ross McArthur. 

11 hours ago, Berry said:

They aren’t going to change the pricing now for Saturday, far too late as a lot have bought tickets already.

Agreed, they won't change it now. Best idea I can think of is to announce ASAP that ticket holders for this game will get a sizable discount for the final should we make it. That could apply to existing sales as well as ones bought before Saturday.

Not ideal, and adds extra admin, but it's the club's own fault tbh.

As it stands, I'm not sure I'll be going, not because I can't afford it, but because at some point you have to say, "No, you are taking the pi$$"

40 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

As it stands, I'm not sure I'll be going, not because I can't afford it, but because at some point you have to say, "No, you are taking the pi$$"

Exactly correct.  Where does it end?  I have absolutely no doubt that the board will intend to keep charging Championship prices in League 1.  

Yes I know that we are not in League 1 yet but it is just a formality in my opinion as I have absolutely no confidence in that group of charlatans keeping us up. 

Initially I thought that we would lose in the final to Airdrie but now I don't see us getting past Queen's Park. 

I think it’s fair to say that a big mistake has been made with the pricing for this match. The club should be doing everything possible to encourage fans along to create an atmosphere and try to win. To treat a relegation playoff as a cash cow is contemptible.

We had nearly 2,000 more fans than any other Championship game on Friday night, with only a handful of away fans. This sort of loyalty in the face of dismal failure should be rewarded, not penalised.

• Upvote 10

I think our board have to sit tight now and hope we make the final.

Then issue some sort of statement thanking the fans for the support - which has been excellent over the last 2 or 3 months - acknowledging the situation we find ourselves in is highly undesirable but asking for one final push from everyone. And then announce something like £12/£6 or £10/£5 in a bid to make the ground as unwelcoming as possible when Airdrie rock up.

The damage as done re Saturday as they can't change the pricing once people have bought at £20. Let's just hope we can scrape past Queens Park.