Playoffs

SanguinePar

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Link: https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Updated_Pricing_for_Queens_Park&ID=13759

Good to see them listening, but worrying that they didn't anticipate this scenario.

They lie. 

When we were last in the playoffs we reduced the prices for tickets, from £18 to £15.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/5480/NEXT-UP-DUNFERMLINE-A.html

That's the ticket prices for when we played United in the league. 

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/5603/DUNFERMLINE-PLAY-OFF-TICKETS-ON-SALE-NOW.html

That's the ticket prices for the playoffs. 

This boards total inability to front up and own it's mistakes is really ****ing grating, to then just outright lightbtonthe fanbase? They genuinely must think we're mugs. 

• Upvote 1

To be fair, there might have been play-off matches e.g. Stranraer, Cowden, Alloa, Forfar where we paid full price. 

They've not said 'in-keeping with every other play-off match'. They've listened to the fans, made a u-turn and got it right in the end. Yes, this should have been the initial decision, but they've done the right thing in the end.

On 01/05/2022 at 17:31, Rossmcno1 said:

I’m a sap idiot though buddy. I bought my ticket as soon as it came thru so I got my seat.

I’m probably one of the worst fans out there as I enable the board to charge those prices and behave like this without any consequence.  But everyone has their breaking point…it’s a long road back for the club after that. 

Be great if they did a wee grovel and says “we made a mistake we’re sorry here’s the plan and it’s sorted”.  But I’m not holding my breath as honestly I’m exasperated by their decision making this season when it comes to their communication with the fans.   Really thought we’d started getting somewhere at the fans forum but it’s gone seriously wrong again since then. 

Good wee result . Maybe get something back for paying the full price. I'd take it, as you deserve it.

Edited by scottyboy
I'm sure us fans will do our bit for Saturday. Let's hope the team do.
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

To be fair, there might have been play-off matches e.g. Stranraer, Cowden, Alloa, Forfar where we paid full price. 

They've not said 'in-keeping with every other play-off match'. They've listened to the fans, made a u-turn and got it right in the end. Yes, this should have been the initial decision, but they've done the right thing in the end.

What a load of tosh, so you mean to say that in there statement, rather than referring to the most recent playoff matches, we're instead referring to matches from eight years ago? 

Trying to pull the wool over the fan bases eyes and lying to them isn't the right thing, when we came out of admin our board prided themselves on how open, truthfull and honest they were. Shame they've not stuck by those values. 

• Upvote 2

Calm down mate. The coming events on the pitch will give you much more reason to get angry than my interpretation of the board's wording in this statement.

If they've charged full price for a bunch of previous play-off games, it's hardly a lie. 

For the record though, I've no recollection if they did or not and no inclination to try and find out.

Good news that they’ve reduced price, will keep an eye for the refund. 

Just yet a silly own goal really that just puts seeds of doubt as to how the club is being run and how important they believe the fans are.

I do think whoever does the PR or writes these statements on the website needs to really think about what they put up, one sentence can make the whole piece go awry, like the one about being priced as per previous campaigns, one it comes across defensive and secondly just opens themselves to more scrutiny when there’s holes in it. 

Sometimes less is more.

• Upvote 1

At least they have “sort of” admitted their error in judgement but imo the club is a shambles from top to bottom. If I was Ross Mcarthur I would be running out the main stand door and into the car and drive away when he leaves…. 
The new CEO guy has a massive job on his plate and even bigger if we get relegated… plus he stated that if the club do go down there will be certain plans put on hold… I would imagine the academy?

Those players better get their fingers out and keep us up!

44 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

The new CEO guy has a massive job on his plate and even bigger if we get relegated… plus he stated that if the club do go down there will be certain plans put on hold… I would imagine the academy?

I must have missed him saying that, tho it does make sense.

With all that's planned in the background it seems incredible nobody has put their hand up and asked should we properly manage first team affairs and fan relations to ensure we can properly execute these plans?