Lewis Martin

Really disappointed that Lewis hasn't been involved again since coming back from injury for a couple of games, a few months ago.  Noticed that he hasn't even been on the bench recently.  Does anyone know it's his old injury that's come back again.  The poor guy has had a terrible time with this injury over the past few years, and I think the club have looked after him pretty well over the past few years.  One of my favourite Pars players, but sadly, I can't see him getting another deal beyond the end of the season.

5 hours ago, PentlandPar said:

Really disappointed that Lewis hasn't been involved again since coming back from injury for a couple of games, a few months ago.  Noticed that he hasn't even been on the bench recently.  Does anyone know it's his old injury that's come back again.  The poor guy has had a terrible time with this injury over the past few years, and I think the club have looked after him pretty well over the past few years.  One of my favourite Pars players, but sadly, I can't see him getting another deal beyond the end of the season.

Given the club isn't exactly rolling in money, it's odds on Lewis will be allowed to leave, PP. Good player though he undoubtedly is and able to play right across the back, he would be invaluable if he could stay fit and injury free. Unfortunately, his time at EEP has been bedevilled by a combination of bad luck, illness and injury. As you point out, the Pars have been very supportive of him, in the hope that he could put these issues behind him, but they'll now probably feel that they can no longer continue to pay him for sitting on the sidelines.

I really like Martin and it will be a sad day when he leaves the club,  i hope something can be arranged with him so he could continue with us, perhaps with an off-field role.

Short-term I’d hope he could find fitness to take part in the play-offs, we could do with him as an option in midfield to help pybus out with the dirty work.

• Upvote 1