Queens Park v Dunfermline Play Off 1st leg

scottyboy

25 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Yet they think Donaldson is terrible.  Football is strange some times.

More importantly, I don't think we've won a league game in the purple strip.  Maybe that's the issue which needs urgently addressed?

In that case, (and if we get through of course) hopefully Montrose finish the job against Airdrie, as I would imagine we'd be in our home top for both matches against them?

Montrose's Craig Johnston makes it 1-0 during a cinch Championship Play-Off Semi-Final 1st Leg match between Montrose and Airdrieonians at Links Park

3 hours ago, Superally said:

Its strange that how many people are actually desperate for Pybus to play yet a few games ago the same folk want him to GTF. I absolutely despair at the jump on the bandwaggon nonsense that goes on in our support.  

People being desperate for Pybus is reflective of the other options. He's been a better player for us than Polworth and Chalmers, and Cole just simply won't start. 

I'm not sure Pybus would've helped last night, we dominated the ball for the most part so we didn't really need his tenacity, and his first touch and awareness are his biggest weakness, his worst game came at Firhill recently. 

I reckon we're a better team than QP, however Quitongo and Murray would improve there team by quite a bit, if they start it will not be the same game. 

I've said since day one Pybus was a player, and I struggle to see how anyone would have disagreed with that at any point. If you can recognise a player, it was easy to spot even under Grant.

Also, anyone that says Donaldson is hopeless, and I read one comment on FB this morning that claimed "he is so far out of his depth", really should be banned from attending games, because quite frankly, if you think this, you haven't got the first clue about football.

I agree that Matty Todd was MOTM last night. The player who looked like providing a bit of energy and spark and linked up well with Lawless where most of our joy came from.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Grant said:

People being desperate for Pybus is reflective of the other options. He's been a better player for us than Polworth and Chalmers, and Cole just simply won't start. 

I'm not sure Pybus would've helped last night, we dominated the ball for the most part so we didn't really need his tenacity, and his first touch and awareness are his biggest weakness, his worst game came at Firhill recently. 

I reckon we're a better team than QP, however Quitongo and Murray would improve there team by quite a bit, if they start it will not be the same game. 

Possession stats I saw were 54%/46% in favour of QP.

Also pretty harsh, Pybus' first touch and positioning are normally pretty good. He wasn't great at Firhill a couple of weeks back though.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis

2 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Possession stats I saw were 54%/46% in favour or QP.

Also pretty harsh, Pybus' first touch and positioning are normally pretty good. He wasn't great at Firhill a couple of weeks back though.

His positioning is OK, however his awareness for what's happening around him when he receives the ball is the problem, compounded with his relatively poor quality on the ball means last night probably wasn't the game for him. 

Fwiw I'd absolutely have him starting in the second leg. 

Highly disagree with those possession stats aswell. 

Broon was a decent player, but untried as a manager. Be a gamble for Raith. Think these guys starting  in management should start near the bottom leagues to learn their trade. A Stenhousemuir, Cowdenbeath or East Fife could be the making of a good start to his career. Fergie started at E Stirling, Levein at Cowden, O'Neil at Wycombe. McCoist got pushed into a job that he wasn't ready for.

4 hours ago, Piracy said:

Regarding Saturday's game, for me we need to start with Digs Superally and Raymie in the team. I'm just worried slightly about their overall fitness. 

My general fitness is pretty good, my chocolate achilles are another matter. In any case, I'm contracted to the Swifts over 35's for the coming season, but I'm sure they'd release me for a bag of Space raiders and some Bridies for Nipper 😂

• Upvote 1