Queens Park v Dunfermline Play Off 1st leg

scottyboy

I'd be pretty sure Thomas will start on Saturday. When you see the pitch, that has to have an effect on the players you select and the tactics you employ?

I didn't see anything in the QP side that would make me think we couldn't beat them at home.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I'd be pretty sure Thomas will start on Saturday. When you see the pitch, that has to have an effect on the players you select and the tactics you employ?

I didn't see anything in the QP side that would make me think we couldn't beat them at home.

Just find it strange that dow hasn’t been seen in weeks, not even off the bench then chucked in last night. We need Thomas starting and hearing pybus should be fine Saturday too which is a massive boost 

4 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I just think we’ve let the pitch get to us in our two recent games on it Raymie.  It’s a factor, but factor for both teams.  Queen’s Park at times last night strung some nice threatening wide passages of play with energy - pitch doesn’t affect that.  Our setup with deliberate side to side passing is the issue, with Kevin Ohara hiding behind defenders half the time not giving an option.  That and our throw ins, never a decent option up the line!  Too often we’re ponderous, slow, deliberate and predictable.  

And as for QP, if they go with Murray or Quitongo on top of Ambrose on Saturday, we’re in trouble.  There’s enough in their team to potentially cause us problems.

You have a point. I'm pretty sure Hughes has seen that pitch the last few times and thought, we can't play our normal game, so I'm going to go with more physical lads. It didn't work against Thistle and it was ok to a certain extent last night. I think most fans would have taken a draw beforehand. I do appreciate that's a measure of how far we have fallen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I thought Efe was alright last night after a shaky start too.  I actually think he's been better than some fans make out - and I can't get on board with booing his mistakes within the first 5 minutes.  As Raymie says, we have fallen badly, but we are where we are and the support need to park the frustration and try and help rather than hinder.  If we go down, or even stay up, there's plenty chance to vent then.  Having said all that, he is one rush of blood away from giving away a goal, which has you a bit nervous during a play-off match.

Re MOTM, I know it's not the popular narrative, but surely Dorrans was comfortably our best player last night?  Maybe he'd run his race a few minutes before he was subbed but he was good, relatively speaking, up until then.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Raymie said:

You have a point. I'm pretty sure Hughes has seen that pitch the last few times and thought, we can't play our normal game, so I'm going to go with more physical lads. It didn't work against Thistle and it was ok to a certain extent last night. I think most fans would have taken a draw beforehand. I do appreciate that's a measure of how far we have fallen.

I worry about the draw tbh.  An early goal for them at EEP and it will be pure poison.

1 minute ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I thought Efe was alright last night after a shaky start too.  I actually think he's been better than some fans make out - and I can't get on board with booing his mistakes within the first 5 minutes.  As Raymie says, we have fallen badly, but we are where we are and the support need to park the frustration and try and help rather than hinder.  If we go down, or even stay up, there's plenty chance to vent then.  Having said all that, he is one rush of blood away from giving away a goal, which has you a bit nervous during a play-off match.

Re MOTM, I know it's not the popular narrative, but surely Dorrans was comfortably our best player last night?  Maybe he'd run his race a few minutes before he was subbed but he was good, relatively speaking, up until then.

First 10 mins from Ambrose were horrendous and he simply has to be better.  He did get better as the game went on but still he gives everyone the jitters.  That one mistake now could be a killer.  And he has two in him guaranteed every single game.

Agree re Dorrans prob man of the match but his compatriots in midfield are so lethargic.

As for booing your own team I never understand that.  Just feels childish.  But I’ll be honest and say I refused to applaud them at the end of that.  Apart from the goalie when he came over as thought that was a nice touch.

16 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Shhhhh. There will be men appearing at your door with pitchforks! 😂