Season tickets

Will you be getting a season ticket next season?   

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will you part with your hard earned for a season ticket next season?

• Yes
    • If the management team is changed
    • If it becomes better value for money (e. g. games for a fiver rendering season ticket useless)
    • Not feasible (can't attend majority of games)
    • No

I'm curious what advantages season ticket holders get over pay at the gate fans because it seems to be a lot less value than it was in previous years. 

Obviously you have your seat bought and paid for in every league game for the first team, and the club gets money up front at a time when there is no income stream from games .  However the price is such that if you miss one game then the discount is negligible at best.  There is also getting first option on tickets for big away games. 

I think people also get discounts at certain local businesses. 

I remember years ago (1987/88) when I got my first season ticket it got you entry into any game played by a Pars team in all competitions at East End Park including reserve and youth games.

Is there any other advantages these days to buying a season ticket opposed to paying at the gate? 

It doesn't get you much and as said above, a couple of games unable to attend or reduced price offers diminishes it's value very quickly. 

You do still get discounts but I don't know where it's advertised now, it used to be on the ST page. I only know because it saved me about £2k on windows from SRJ recently, but that was only because the boy offered it, I had no idea.

Very much the same boat, tend to always inadvertently miss one or two whether that be due to going abroad or other events.

Usually just buy a season ticket to avoid the minor inconvenience of always having to get tickets and faff about for seats.

Used to get really good discounts, were allowed in I’m sure to the Fife Flyers games as well at a reduced rate. Similar to Digs we saved money buying our front door with SRJ but again it was because the guy specifically asked if I was a Dunfermline ST holder. It wasn’t through me being aware.

1 hour ago, Berry said:

. Similar to Digs we saved money buying our front door with SRJ but again it was because the guy specifically asked if I was a Dunfermline ST holder. It wasn’t through me being aware.

And yet when I went out of my way to get my builders to request a quote from SRJ and to state exactly that reason they (SRJ) never even replied after a number of emails. Frustrating.

Sat last night and did a wee bit of checking between what I paid and what I got v if I was to switch to match by match.  There is very little value to a season ticket unless u get to every game.  I couldn’t make 1 due to holiday and the 1 the board couldn’t be ***ed organising entry for.  So sod them.  If I decide to go next year, pay at the gate it will be.  However if they decide to charge £20 to get in…..