Rangers

Superally

Lots of Seville residents booking a holiday in Ukraine at the time of the final.

It's a great achievement, but will do nothing for clubs like the Pars. The Old Firm are only going to get better players in and make it nigh on impossible for others to challenge.

There was a discussion somewhere about the effect of a home crowd on a result. Well, throughout that comp, the home crowd certainly made a difference to Rangers.

Aside from a freakish, one off night in Dortmund, where everything seemed to go for them, their away performances have been extremely average.

It's some achievement to be fair and deserved given some of the performances and results. Like Raymie says, the first thing that came into my mind was that they're not going to be playing at Ibrox for the Final. Their home form has been nothing short of magnificent and is what has got them there IMO. Away from home, fairly average for the most part.

I do hope they win though as I always like to see Scottish teams do well. It was especially pleasing to see West Ham and Leicester get papped out from the 'Best League in the World' ©️ leaving just our 'farmers league' team in it from the UK.

25 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Derek Ferguson will be telling us it's in recognition of their Dutch manager

Well of course it is, Raymie, you cynical old git!

It's ironic that Celtic were the last Scottish team to play a EL final in Seville. Although the number of fans who made the trip increases exponentially every time it's mentioned, reports at the time suggested they were generally well behaved in spite of almost drinking the city dry.

I wish I could feel similarly optimistic about the behaviour of the True Blues.

32 minutes ago, Digs said:

I've read elsewhere that Rangers are playing it on a big screen in Ibrox. Makes sense. Saves fans a fortune, makes Rangers some cash and saves Seville from getting ransacked. 

Great idea from their perspective. 

7 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Well of course it is, Raymie, you cynical old git!

It's ironic that Celtic were the last Scottish team to play a EL final in Seville. Although the number of fans who made the trip increases exponentially every time it's mentioned, reports at the time suggested they were generally well behaved in spite of almost drinking the city dry.

I wish I could feel similarly optimistic about the behaviour of the True Blues.

The Celtic fans were awarded the FIFA Fair Play Award that year for their behaviour in Seville.  Last time a team called Rangers played and won a final in Spain they got banned for 2 years for rioting so I share your pessimism.

Edited by SoorPloomPar
Forgot to include 2nd sentence.
  • Upvote 1