Dunfermline v Queens Park Play Off 2nd leg.

scottyboy

Everyone's ****ed off. We were shafted by a ridiculous refereeing decision but can't even get p1ssed off about it as we'd already played 3 halves of football and not scored.

Added to that, we'd put ourselves in the situation where one bad decision could bury us.

I'd also preferred our players to get a bit madder at the ref for the sending off. Put some pressure on him and got the crowd onside.

We'd maybe all lost the will by then though. Airdrie put 6 past Montrose after they were all but knocked out. Scraping past Queens Park would have just delayed all this by another few days.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Johnston went unbeaten in 10 games to reach the play-offs and we were unlucky in both games against Utd.  He'd also improved us every season.

It made perfect sense to offer him a contract. He lost Clark, McManus and Aird and brought in poor replacements, but he'd done well until then.

That the same season we went from October to March with 3 wins or something ridiculous like that? Before he went on that run plenty fans wanted rid 

10 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Everyone's ****ed off. We were shafted by a ridiculous refereeing decision but can't even get p1ssed off about it as we'd already played 3 halves of football and not scored.

Added to that, we'd put ourselves in the situation where one bad decision could bury us.

I'd also preferred our players to get a bit madder at the ref for the sending off. Put some pressure on him and got the crowd onside.

We'd maybe all lost the will by then though. Airdrie put 6 past Montrose after they were all but knocked out. Scraping past Queens Park would have just delayed all this by another few days.

If it was the red card shown on Efe then it’s about as clear a red card you could get

9 hours ago, Raymie said:

That’s not like Mikey. Things must be bad ?

Mikey has been putting up posts like that for a while. 

The footballing side of the club has been run like a shambles, the decision to give AJ a two year contract was a poor one, a year with clauses would've sufficed. It then led to us having to appoint Crawford due to the financial predicament we found ourselves in, he done OK at points, and dreadfully at others, however there's no way that he was ever going to get us promoted, despite that the board wanted to keep him on, bizarre. 

The decision to appoint Hughes and Grant... And that's just the stuff we see, we've had countless guff statements, the fan engagement has went off a cliff, issues people have on match days, I said it last week and I'll say it again, is there anything we are doing well? Like literally anything? Even today we read out the wrong attendance! 

I said after the ticket statement in which we lied about the reasons (Never did get an email back about why we lie) that one of the reason it was bad, was that it showed our board aren't capable of learning from mistakes. If you make a mistake that's fine, hold your hands up, admit you were wrong and learn from it. As it is our board either try and lie and blag there way out of it, or they pull dissenting voices in... You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain, and our board really need to take a long hard look at what they're becoming and how they're running the club. 

I can't beleive I've woken up to see Hughes is still in a job. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Secure Par said:

But I bet the Old Inn up the toon will be busy with all the DAFC representatives and the usual hangers on spouting their usual ****… it’s no good enough!

I have been saying it for years get these hangers on out the club! Jobs for the boys 

It does hit home when guys like Mikey and Jason are criticising the club. 

I’ve seen the replay and it’s neither a clear goal scoring opportunity or a blatant foul. Murray has stood on his leg and gone down.  Clever 

Edited by Raymie

9 minutes ago, Raymie said:

It does hit home when guys like Mikey and Jason are criticising the club. 

I’ve seen the replay and it’s neither a clear goal scoring opportunity or a blatant foul. Murray has stood on his leg and gone down.  Clever 

Queens has a element of robust gamesmanship throughout the match I won't blame them for that.

Despite the experience in our squad they have only rarely "managed" the game and have neither been cynical or robust. Yogi said at the start that we were push overs and in that respect he was right. Sadly he never managed to sort it out

• Upvote 1

I'd been telling myself, we'd been lucky to squeak into the play offs and we'd be OK because they're weighted in favour of the highest ranking team, with the 2nd leg at home.

I didn't see that coming yesterday after getting a draw at Firhill, but thought Airdrie would run us close next week. 

In retrospect, our relegation was confirmed yesterday, but the writing was on the wall as far back as last October. I looked the other way. As gutted now as I was when the Pars were relegated from the top flight 50 years ago, after a decade of unparalleled success. 

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

I kinda knew we would get done in one of the playoff ties. We can't break teams down and I know league 1 sides would set up defensively and try and nick a goal against championship opponents. So it's all been rather predictable unfortunately.

Hughes obviously likes midfielders who are "comfy on the ball." Unfortunately, none of them seem able to play incisive passes or get up and support our lone striker, meaning we have almost zero penetration. 

7 hours ago, Grant said:

Mikey has been putting up posts like that for a while. 

The footballing side of the club has been run like a shambles, the decision to give AJ a two year contract was a poor one, a year with clauses would've sufficed. It then led to us having to appoint Crawford due to the financial predicament we found ourselves in, he done OK at points, and dreadfully at others, however there's no way that he was ever going to get us promoted, despite that the board wanted to keep him on, bizarre. 

The decision to appoint Hughes and Grant... And that's just the stuff we see, we've had countless guff statements, the fan engagement has went off a cliff, issues people have on match days, I said it last week and I'll say it again, is there anything we are doing well? Like literally anything? Even today we read out the wrong attendance! 

Well when Crawford was pals with the board and away on holiday with board members he was never in a million years getting sacked, he was even told the job was his for as long as he wanted it 

9 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Hughes obviously likes midfielders who are "comfy on the ball." Unfortunately, none of them seem able to play incisive passes or get up and support our lone striker, meaning we have almost zero penetration. 

It’s not that they’re incapable, it’s a chronic lack of options in front of them to pass to either due to the lack of pace in the middle of the park to get beyond the ball, or there just not being enough forward players to give more than one option allowing for the strikers to pull their defenders out of position. 

Our formation, whilst understandable in the beginning to shore us up, hasn’t changed since he came in and it’s so easy to play against. His stubborn unwillingness to change things when required is what has cost us as has his hypocrisy of not being brave when that’s all he speaks about for the players. It’s a ****ebag formation that stifles players with ability or worse, makes us unable to accommodate them in favour of boys who will mark a space. 

In short, I will pay this charlatans taxi fare anywhere he wants to go. 

• Upvote 4