Yogi out

Superally

In HR terms if the person feels the behaviour is bullying then it is generally accepted that it was as you can't tell someone how they should feel/ are feeling. This can be a one off. 

To call someone a bully would be looking for a pattern of behaviour. 

In terms of giving criticism every person responds differently depending on how it's given; critical advice in a 1-2-1 is very different to bawling someone out in front of the squad and all the shades in between... 

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Further chat with some players today and the word ‘bully’ was used to describe the manager. Again, something I suggested when he was appointed and was shot down. 

You been talking to players directly? 

How many called John Hughes a bully? 

I'm no fan of Yogi and I do feel he's probably slightly too connected to a bygone footballing era. What I mean by that is older accepted methods of managing personnel (that managers were responsible for) wouldn't be tolerated in a modern workplace. If you studied some older managers methods I bet we could now conclude that they were bullies. Look at Alex Fergusons behaviours for instance, he was prone to passionate outbursts.

In times gone by it'd be referenced as character building but described as bullying by many nowadays.

That all said I do not believe that Yogi Hughes intentionally bullies his players and if he has been then the club would need to investigate those allegations. Then it'd be fair to wait on the outcome before making a fair judgement. 

I do think however he'd lay situations on the line in no uncertain terms and I think he's a right to do so. Maybe some of the players are a bit too self entitled and don't like being given it straight.

Bottom line is no one can state anything as fact because we just don't know. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Not good if true. 

Whether he was exaggerating and meant they didn’t like his methods I’m not sure. Either way it sounds like a group of players don’t want him in charge which straight off the bat puts us at a disadvantage if he’s still in charge at the start of next season. 

37 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Whether he was exaggerating and meant they didn’t like his methods I’m not sure. Either way it sounds like a group of players don’t want him in charge which straight off the bat puts us at a disadvantage if he’s still in charge at the start of next season. 

He has to go in reality. 

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

Look at Alex Fergusons behaviours for instance, he was prone to passionate outbursts.

Interestingly Fergie put his longevity down to being able to adapt to what modern players expected.  He was fairly open that what he did in the 80s and 90s would never have worked with his later squads. 

16 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Interestingly Fergie put his longevity down to being able to adapt to what modern players expected.  He was fairly open that what he did in the 80s and 90s would never have worked with his later squads. 

Yes, his changing style was a testament to his intelligence. 

I can't buy into a JH at the helm next season. I don't think promotion is achievable. Can see us hovering round the Play Off zone. (top end) Maybe the board will fling a lot at a new transfer budget, but doubt it. As much as he improved on PG, he still fell well short. The results were too hot and cold. There were a few enjoyable games, but most were uninspiring. Glad I never made an away game last season, as they sounded even worse. Saturday afternoons at EEP gonna be difficult if the current set up stays put. As much as I like the guy, he needs tae go.

• Upvote 3

Hughes' now notorious rant at Raith gives a clear insight into his character. He was rightly angry at his players' pathetic performance in Paisley, when they lost 5-0 to fellow relegation strugglers, St Mirren, but to call them out publicly (and on film) in the way he did, was always going to be counter productive.

Why did he do that? Perhaps he just couldn't help himself or he knew that he wouldn't be at Starks Park the following season, no matter what, so he just gave the players both barrels. I initially thought his bluntness was quite refreshing and even funny, but soon after I realised he'd lost any chance of keeping Raith in the Championship.

Are there some echoes of that this season? Did he **** off a number of players who then didn't give 100% when he needed them to, or he couldn't risk playing for fear of exactly this?