Yogi out

Superally

23 minutes ago, DougieDave said:

I’m not overly enamoured by the Pertrie option - if indeed he is an option 

I don't think he'll want it just now. Petrie will finish his career in the bank in a good few years time, so I reckon he'll stay till he gets his salaried pension. Why chuck that away at 52 years old. Be a fantastic appointment for him in 2030.

• Upvote 2

On 19/05/2022 at 20:14, Superally said:

Good to see from the statement that Yogi has stepped down. I'm sure there has been some kind of settlement but I respect Yogi for his decision if that was the case 

Yogi may have "stepped down" but he's not a happy bunny, S'Ally. I believe he was ready to stay on but was raging when he heard the Pars were talking to other managers about "his" job. While it's understandable that he would find this upsetting, it should not have come as a total shock. He was set the modest target of keeping us in the Championship and given a budget to bring in a number of new players in January.

He failed spectacularly.

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Yogi may have "stepped down" but he's not a happy bunny, S'Ally. I believe he was ready to stay on but was raging when he heard the Pars were talking to other managers about "his" job. While it's understandable that he would find this upsetting, it should not have come as a total shock. He was set the modest target of keeping us in the Championship and given a budget to bring in a number of new players in January.

He failed spectacularly.

Wait, you mean the club we’re being prepared and had a contingency plan if we needed to change after their discussions and they weren’t actually sitting doing nothing for the last few weeks? Preposterous! 🙄😂

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

He failed spectacularly.

Hmmmmm….that’s not quite how it went down in reality though. Either you’re putting a friendly slant on this or your ‘source’ (and we all know who it is) is telling you little porky pies, GG. 

• Upvote 1

What is in the public domain is the announcement from the club stating disappointment in the manner of our relegation and that they are reviewing the coaching staff. While the fans are all waiting to see if Yogi will go, he has publicly stated he wants to continue but isn’t being publicly supported. So perhaps he felt his role was untenable as he didn’t have the full confidence of the board.

It seems a sensible move for the club to be aware of what options are out there, especially as our requirements have changed significantly from our last 2 recruitment processes.

59 minutes ago, Number Eleven said:

While the fans are all waiting to see if Yogi will go, he has publicly stated he wants to continue but isn’t being publicly supported

Did he say that? Where was that? Hadn't heard it before, but if he's saying so he's got a f**king brass neck.