Yogi out

Superally

21 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

I think its going to be Kettlewell or Mkpake…. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I dinnae think it'll be any of them. I reckon they won't have interviewed most of the applicants yet. Hopefully they will speak to some that didn't make the list on here.

Everybody that applies will want/take the job, whether they get to bring in their own backroom staff or not. Might not be the case if the club approaches someone else. Wages might be the big leveller on that one. It'll be a challenge, whoever does come in. We're in the 3rd division of Scottish fitba and getting back up will need someone who can work within our budget and have us up challenging. At this point in time, there is nothing to suggest we'll be favs to go back up. Be a tough division, where most teams will fancy their chances. Hopefully find out end of next week. 

45 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Everybody that applies will want/take the job, whether they get to bring in their own backroom staff or not. . 

Not sure that's true,  interviews are a two way process,  somebody could apply and decide they didn't want the job under certain conditions, happens in every industry.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Not sure that's true,  interviews are a two way process,  somebody could apply and decide they didn't want the job under certain conditions, happens in every industry.

It's an attractive job for someone applying, with no other firm offers on the table. I'd imagine before an interview takes place, the candidates will have been informed what capacity they can work within,  but as you say they could change their mind, or try to see if they could maybe ask for more to make it successful. 

9 hours ago, Raymie said:

The way I read the statement from David Cook would suggest a young manager with potential and ambition ?

Just some nonsense buzzwords really. 

No point appointing a young manager with potential and ambition, if they're then in turn **** and you end up sacking them a few months later. 

How long does a manager last? 4, maybe 5 years? If we were to appoint a young manager and he done well he'd get poached by a bigger side. 

Just go for the best manager, who's capable of getting us promoted. "potential and ambition" gies piece. I bet John Hughes and Peter Grant both had ambition when they came here, both would've wanted to do well so they could further there career, there's ages had nothing to do with it. 

I agree with Grant on this one.

Very rarely do we see managers these days last more than a couple of seasons so to bring in someone who is young with potential and ambition requires two things, one for us to be patient and accept that he may need time which let’s just accept we don’t allow to happen.

Secondly for the manager to be loyal to the club to stick around and not jump at the first opportunity that comes his way if he’s doing well, also not going to happen and a club like ours at the moment, if you want best for the manager you’d probably want him to move on.

So as Grant says, just go for the best manager who can get us promoted next season, if that happens to be the young and ambitious person then great, but let’s not rule out the experienced coaches.

If its McPake who I think is who is being alluded to, then so be it, not my personal choice, he got Dundee promoted and was always going to be a struggle keeping them up so he could well do the job for us in League One.

44 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

True, into 1/2 and he was as big as 4/1 Friday so maybe few folk in the know

Or one person pretending they are in the know and a few folk believing them. 🤣

mcbookie market is so sensitive, 4 folk put a tenner on Andre Schubert and before you know it a guy who’s managed in the champions league becomes favourite for the job….