Yogi out

Superally

47 minutes ago, Piracy said:

If McPake gets the gig then I'll get right behind him. As it's been said he would deserve his chance. 

With you on that one. Not my first choice but did ok with Dundee in the championship, sure he will have learned from his time in the premier too. Let’s see how it all pans out.

It's not an appointment that excites me but not much options we can pick from. I would have liked us to go out and try and get a manager who is employed at the moment. I was hoping we might see Cook or Fussball GMBH'S contacts bring in someone left field.

Will McPake be a yes man to Meggle and willing to work with Shields and Dorrans? I think so.

McPake isn't grant levels of mental,  but it would still be an underwhelming appointment. 

I obviously don't know the discussions that happen in our board room, but IMO it looks like they try to overcomplicate what you want from a manager.

Ability to win games week to week should be by far the main(maybe only) criteria.  Everything else is just a bonus.  

If McPake comes in we need to give him a chance BUT with his own backroom team and not Dorrans/shields. 
All ex backroom staff have to go and we start fresh.

Folk say Shields to the academy set up but he was only coaching a university team in America so get him punted. 

• Upvote 2

I’m not understanding the hate of McPake to Be honest.

He got Dundee promoted by going on an incredible run of form, he managed some real tough characters in that side too.  Sure there’s quality there but also some difficult personalities.  By many accounts when he left Dundee the players there were very disappointed.  He also wasn’t scared to drop Charlie Adam when he needed to at the tail end of the championship season which triggered that run of form.  

Ultimately if that’s who is employed we need to give him a chance.  Considering the other names, who realistically would be a better option that is attainable?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I’m not understanding the hate of McPake to Be honest.

He got Dundee promoted by going on an incredible run of form, he managed some real tough characters in that side too.  Sure there’s quality there but also some difficult personalities.  By many accounts when he left Dundee the players there were very disappointed.  He also wasn’t scared to drop Charlie Adam when he needed to at the tail end of the championship season which triggered that run of form.  

Ultimately if that’s who is employed we need to give him a chance.  Considering the other names, who realistically would be a better option that is attainable?

Agree with this and was kind of the point I was trying to make. Don’t think he’d be that bad and needs a chance. Squad needs major work and hopefully he can prove the doubters wrong 

McPake always seemed to find a result when the pressure was on at Dundee. even when he was sacked he had two wins on the trott. Still only 37 and he's got a few years experience behind him now. I think he has a bit of edge about him and wouldn't put up with any crap.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but I don't think it would be as terrible as some think. Clearly a Jack Ross or something of that ilk would be preferrable but it isn't going to happen. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but I don't think it would be as terrible as some think. Clearly a Jack Ross or something of that ilk would be preferable but it isn't going to happen. 

Whoever the new manager is, it's fair enough to have doubts or reservations, but let's give him a chance before we start putting the boot in. Of course some managers are better than others, but sometimes the difference can simply be down not only to the quality of the players they bring in, but their character. If he signs a number of honest, diligent professionals, who are prepared to work hard for the team, he's well on the way to success, as long as he's able to use tactics and a formation which plays to their strengths. Bring in a few big headed, know alls and he's going to struggle from the outset.

My understanding is that this has been the problem at EEP for several seasons now. When Stevie Crawford was appointed, he told fans at a Supporters Meeting that he'd never been involved with a squad in which so many players had a really poor attitude, either as a player or manager. It might explain why things went so badly wrong for Allan Johnston at the end and for Peter Grant and John Hughes last season. Of course there will be other factors which contributed to a dismal season, but a lack of dressing room harmony in any club is a recipe for disaster.

1 hour ago, Secure Par said:

Please elaborate? 

Over here good athletes tend to leave/suspend their studies around 16 where they enter a professional sports club academy.  Those that play in the best uni sides typically fall outside of that, end up missing the opportunity to play pro-youth and instead focus on the academics.  Uni’s with a strong sports program end up picking the best of that group and very small handful end up signing for pro clubs and the end of their studies.

In they pro clubs don’t typically run youth programs and the uni/college take that role, the most talented youths go to these colleges who over the best deal(scholarships 1 to 1 tuition etc) and then sign pro.

These college sides often play in front of large crowds. Towns without a senior team will often support their college side instead. 

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

Whoever the new manager is, it's fair enough to have doubts or reservations, but let's give him a chance before we start putting the boot in. Of course some managers are better than others, but sometimes the difference can simply be down not only to the quality of the players they bring in, but their character. If he signs a number of honest, diligent professionals, who are prepared to work hard for the team, he's well on the way to success, as long as he's able to use tactics and a formation which plays to their strengths. Bring in a few big headed, know alls and he's going to struggle from the outset.

My understanding is that this has been the problem at EEP for several seasons now. When Stevie Crawford was appointed, he told fans at a Supporters Meeting that he'd never been involved with a squad in which so many players had a really poor attitude, either as a player or manager. It might explain why things went so badly wrong for Allan Johnston at the end and for Peter Grant and John Hughes last season. Of course there will be other factors which contributed to a dismal season, but a lack of dressing room harmony in any club is a recipe for disaster.

Surely If that was the case with Crawford, he signed a good majority of last season’s squad ? Attitude seems to have been an issue like you said for years. It’s time for yet again another clear out and hope we don’t keep many from last seasons shambles