Yogi out

Superally

6 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Having spoken to one of the players it was pretty clear that by and large the squad did not take to Yogis methods. I did at the time suggest that was a possible outcome. Recall receiving a fair bit of ridicule for it as well. 

The appointment was always a risk and I was happy at the time after he done a good job at Ross county. Next appointment will be huge and the clearing out of the squad too needs to be correct, can’t afford anymore passengers in the squad 

I am sure someone (who seemed to know what they're talking about) suggested that the length of a contract doesn't make much odds - other than to protect the club these days.  There's a termination agreement which is normally written in at the outset.  So, it's not likely that Peter Grant will have his entire contract paid up or that, if we get rid of Yogi, he would be automatically entitled to a further year's salary.

So, a relegation clause is pretty unlikely, especially as we were bottom of the league when he took the job, but a pre-agreed termination package is probably in there.  

19 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I am sure someone (who seemed to know what they're talking about) suggested that the length of a contract doesn't make much odds - other than to protect the club these days.  There's a termination agreement which is normally written in at the outset.  So, it's not likely that Peter Grant will have his entire contract paid up or that, if we get rid of Yogi, he would be automatically entitled to a further year's salary.

So, a relegation clause is pretty unlikely, especially as we were bottom of the league when he took the job, but a pre-agreed termination package is probably in there.  

The above is generally correct at this level. Hughes will be entitled to whatever sum was agreed prior to him signing the contract. The amount could of course be a year’s salary but I’d find that very unlikely. 

Edit: to clarify the person who told me this information works for another Championship club and absolutely would know the details of contracts. 

Edited by Keyser Soze

18 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Depends on how many years ago he had the conversation and in which direction they left the Championship...

We probably shouldn't speculate.

Almost certainly an Alloa employee though.

"Works" suggests a current side. Or at least one that was until recently. So QoS or Killie 🙂

• Upvote 1

Yogi should be out today,he drops two of our creative players in Thomas and Cole out of bitterness because one signs a pre contract and the other one because he asked to be in the starting 11 after scoring vs Ayr.

The players Yogi has let go or dropped would have gave us a much better chance of staying up-Vytas,Wighton, Thomas and Cole. 

His starting 11 and formations have been baffling. He says he cant go 442 until he brings new players in and when he brings in new centre mids he still goes 1 up top! 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Yogi should be out today,he drops two of our creative players in Thomas and Cole out of bitterness because one signs a pre contract and the other one because he asked to be in the starting 11 after scoring vs Ayr.

The players Yogi has let go or dropped would have gave us a much better chance of staying up-Vytas,Wighton, Thomas and Cole. 

His starting 11 and formations have been baffling. He says he cant go 442 until he brings new players in and when he brings in new centre mids he still goes 1 up top! 

Agree with most of that however, I can see the point on Thomas. Would he be as creative as he can be if he knows he is confining himself to League 1 rather than the Championship if he rips them to bits and we win? Not questioning the boys professionalism but that would take a super human feat of controlling your own subconscious knowing that if you play well it detrimentally affects you next year. 

It does beg the question though if it is true then why was he even in the squad?

• Upvote 1

On 09/05/2022 at 13:06, Keyser Soze said:

Having spoken to one of the players it was pretty clear that by and large the squad did not take to Yogis methods. I did at the time suggest that was a possible outcome. Recall receiving a fair bit of ridicule for it as well. 

Aye? That's extra surprising when you consider just how many of them were Yogi signings, not a great look! 

I would imagine the board going to be busy in the coming weeks. Hopefully will ask Yogi where he thinks it went wrong. Obviously JH will fancy another crack, as he won't want to have been deemed a failure. Then I would imagine it'll be who we can afford to keep, especially with lower crowds (guaranteed) For us to bounce back up, we'll have to finish top, as Play Offs honestly not our forte. Whatever decision the board takes it will will have to appease the fans. I like JH as a person, met him years ago. Funny genuine guy. I'm surprised he'd take any **** of players. I wouldn't like to chance my luck winding him up. Hate him to lose his job, but not sure he'll get us up.