Yogi out

Superally

I'm hoping we hear of a plan/vision/strategy for next season very soon from the board.

The close season doesn't last that long and weeks of inactivity will whizz by. 

I fully appreciate there's an element of initially adjusting to this unwanted situation of relegation but I'd expect our board to have considered this scenario given how long we've been poor on the pitch. 

I think Yogi should go, but that said we can't just keep swapping managers as we need a period of stability. It's not an easy fix which ever way you look at it. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I'm hoping we hear of a plan/vision/strategy for next season very soon from the board.

The close season doesn't last that long and weeks of inactivity will whizz by. 

I fully appreciate there's an element of initially adjusting to this unwanted situation of relegation but I'd expect our board to have considered this scenario given how long we've been poor on the pitch. 

I think Yogi should go, but that said we can't just keep swapping managers as we need a period of stability. It's not an easy fix which ever way you look at it. 

Agree 100%. Pre season starts in around a months time and we are potentially needing a new manager, and need to decide on players staying or going then recruiting aswell. Don’t want to play catch up or just sign boys for the sake of it 

• Upvote 1

On 10/05/2022 at 09:42, rosythpar said:

Yogi should be out today,he drops two of our creative players in Thomas and Cole out of bitterness because one signs a pre contract and the other one because he asked to be in the starting 11 after scoring vs Ayr.

The players Yogi has let go or dropped would have gave us a much better chance of staying up-Vytas,Wighton, Thomas and Cole. 

His starting 11 and formations have been baffling. He says he cant go 442 until he brings new players in and when he brings in new centre mids he still goes 1 up top! 

Heard the same stories about Thomas and Cole, RP. My source has been reliable in the past.

3 minutes ago, Berry said:

I’d be surprised if Yogi left, if you consider the patience the board had and what it took for Grants contract to be terminated I can see them giving Yogi more time.

They already gave him more time than Grant (at least in terms of games played - 25 for Hughes vs 20 for Grant)

I suppose there comes a point financially that can we afford to pay him off? Indeed can it be said that we can afford to pay potential compensation for a new manager if he is already contracted? In a cost of living crisis If ST sales fall dramatically and gates are reduced - can we afford not to. Serious thinking to be done and hard decisions to be made. 

29 minutes ago, Berry said:

I’d be surprised if Yogi left, if you consider the patience the board had and what it took for Grants contract to be terminated I can see them giving Yogi more time.

The board heard the reaction of the fans during the second half and at full time on Saturday, they know they have a big call to make which will determine season ticket sales and fans turning up next season.