Yogi out

Superally

48 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

The board heard the reaction of the fans during the second half and at full time on Saturday, they know they have a big call to make which will determine season ticket sales and fans turning up next season.

The board were apparently 'shocked' at the bile from fans at Firhill last Wednesday and East End last Saturday. Same stuff from them when Grant left. I don't condone personal abuse but surely 'onger term  board members can at least understand the utter frustration being fans themselves. Added to that I'm sure that our German board members are also capable of understanding this frustration. If the board can't acknowledge we've massively f*cked up and accept the levels of frustration on show then we've all got an issue. I'd like to hear an honest assessment of our season, warts and all. Get the sh*t out in the open, get it discussed and move on. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

The board were apparently 'shocked' at the bile from fans at Firhill last Wednesday and East End last Saturday. Same stuff from them when Grant left. I don't condone personal abuse but surely 'onger term  board members can at least understand the utter frustration being fans themselves. Added to that I'm sure that our German board members are also capable of understanding this frustration. If the board can't acknowledge we've massively f*cked up and accept the levels of frustration on show then we've all got an issue. I'd like to hear an honest assessment of our season, warts and all. Get the sh*t out in the open, get it discussed and move on. 

Don’t see how they could be shocked at the reaction. We barely laid a glove on a team that was even worse than us and the constant negative tactics, can’t wait till yogi is shown the door 

We've won 7 league games all season - out of 38 if you include the play-offs.  I don't like anyone getting personal abuse and I thought Hughes had just about turned it around with 4 games to go.  However, we completely stopped performing in the last month and went down with a whimper.  I am pretty surprised to hear that anyone on the board was "shocked" at the scenes at full-time on Saturday. 

We were out of the stadium for over a season due to Covid.  Finished in the play-offs last season and looked to have built a squad to kick on this season.  There was a load of optimism at the start of the campaign, and it completely turned to **** after 15 minutes of the first league game.  And we've barely played well since then - certainly not for any sustained run of matches.  It's a testament to how bad the league is that we managed to muster 35 points.  

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Parzionale said:

Wonder if they'll approach Mark Fotheringham after his stint in Germany. Maybe @Deutsche Par can spread the knowledge of his goings on in Germany?

Surely Hughes role is unattainable. 

Fotheringham is currently assistant manager at Hertha Berlin.  No way would we get him even if Hertha don't stay up and he gets punted.  He's highly thought of in Germany and would walk into another job here. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Further chat with some players today and the word ‘bully’ was used to describe the manager. Again, something I suggested when he was appointed and was shot down. 

You would imagine the way some of the players have been treated under Hughes would have an impact on who we signed next year if he stays,word would get around. 

1 minute ago, rosythpar said:

You would imagine the way some of the players have been treated under Hughes would have an impact on who we signed next year if he stays,word would get around. 

At least one of the players I’m referring to is under contract for next season. I’m not sure the status of others but if there’s others that feel that way we’re in big trouble if Hughes is in charge next season 

Could it not be that Hughes has been grilling them for underperforming and laying down the law? Some players can’t hack criticism and don’t respond well to it even if it’s warranted.

To call someone a bully is quite an accusation, not that I’m doubting you Keyser, just the players use of the word and whether it’s the right one.