Yogi out

Superally

1 hour ago, Raymie said:

Well midweek I was told he was gone and now I’m hearing he is staying with Brian Rice coming in as assistant 🤷

Seems to be doing the rounds on P&B. I'm not sure what to think about this. If he is staying then the new board must have some faith in him, either that or they cant afford to pay him off. If that is the case then I have to question why was their not a relegation clause in the contract?    

Said ''Hughes lives on forever'' then deleted it.

Sound like we're sticking by him. Certainly would be a strage decision after the tone of that statement but nothing surprises me with our board. 

Honestly think I won't bother next season. Just can't watch Hughes slow passing football for another season with a headless chicken running about as out attacking threat. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Maybe Dom Thomas should just shut the f*ck up and concentrate on his new club. 

Every chance Dom is doing a bit of **** stirring. He and Hughes obviously didn't get on. Why would he know what's happening when no official announcement has been made. I can't imagine any director tipping him off.

• Upvote 4

If we've had players causing unrest and indiscipline in the dressing room, then **** them off Fergie style imo. I'd totally back Hughes, Grant and Crawford in that respect. Cannae have mutiny in the playing staff. Let them ply their trade elsewhere.  No player is better than the club. Must be tough doing the job you love.

• Upvote 2

Grant was just a plain wrong decision. Hughes was brought in to steady and improve a deteriorating situation. Work with what he had, sign who he could and keep us up. Some games we were improving and looking like we'd get there, but then reality set in. Down we go. If we'd employed Hughes at the start of last season instead of Grant and he'd built his own team I believe we'd still be in this league. I don't believe he's grossly incompetent, just not what we need, he needs to go and this restructured board need to stand up.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

If we'd employed Hughes at the start of last season instead of Grant and he'd built his own team I believe we'd still be in this league.

Agreed,  but it would have been down the bottom end of the table and still be a failure that should end up with him sacked.

• Upvote 1