The board

4 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

As been stated Mikey and Jason have spoken out and one used to be the GM and other heavily  involved within the club so🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I wouldn’t be taking anyones word as gospel tbh. Lot of people with petty vendettas and axes to grind. Absolute shambles all round.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

And you really think if I went to the directors and questioned them over what they intended to do with the club I would get a straight answer?  
I’m just a fan but have seen companies taken over by investors spouting their best intentions then making a lot of money leaving employees in the lurch.
As been stated Mikey and Jason have spoken out and one used to be the GM and other heavily  involved within the club so🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I thought you might have been at the introductory meeting at the club where they were available for questioning. Or at the supporters session where they were again available for questioning. Also why wouldn't you get a straight answer?, seemed pretty open to me. Of course it's easy to be cautiously or outright skeptical about their intent, I'm probably half-way. 

7 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Yeah so they've both put on Twitter. Both, like the Germans board members with an agenda. In their cases I think they're probably more against existing longer standing board members. Up to them to clarify though or they can choose to keep on hinting and not addressing their concerns head on. 

2 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I thought you might have been at the introductory meeting at the club where they were available for questioning. Or at the supporters session where they were again available for questioning. Also why wouldn't you get a straight answer?, seemed pretty open to me. Of course it's easy to be cautiously or outright skeptical about their intent, I'm probably half-way. 

Imo these meetings are held to keep the hardcore supporters motivated(as they attend every meeting) and it spreads through social media etc that the club is in good hands. This will have a massive effect on the supporters that don’t attend and keep paying the lifeline etc.

14 minutes ago, Bull said:

Why has there not been an announcement on all board members resignations yet? 

Not much more than 24 hours since end of yesterdays result. A lot to consider for all Pars fans. Out of interest any idea who'd replace all these board members? 

I was thinking yesterday,I wonder if the guy that almost bought the club before the germans will come back and try to buy it again? The germans might want out the sinking ship.

Have SRJ Windows renewed their sponsorship deal with the club for next season? It was Ross Mcarthur who got them in and they put a significant amount of money in to the club,you wonder now that Ross has left if they will keep the sponsorship going?

3 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Imo these meetings are held to keep the hardcore supporters motivated(as they attend every meeting) and it spreads through social media etc that the club is in good hands. This will have a massive effect on the supporters that don’t attend and keep paying the lifeline etc.

I see it as an opportunity to ask questions, also see the whites of people's eyes. I listen for myself, I speak for myself and assess for myself. I'll try and gather as much information as possible from those I can access, either directly or indirectly, then form an opinion.

What I think is missing right now is an effective leader. Time for the new CEO to stand up, and soon. Without effective  leadership and clear communication fans are left to come up with answers through half truthes, gossip, social media chat as a some kind of foundation of truth. It goes someway to dispelling a lot of those unsubstantiated opinions. 

3 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I see it as an opportunity to ask questions, also see the whites of people's eyes. I listen for myself, I speak for myself and assess for myself. I'll try and gather as much information as possible from those I can access, either directly or indirectly, then form an opinion.

What I think is missing right now is an effective leader. Time for the new CEO to stand up, and soon. Without effective  leadership and clear communication fans are left to come up with answers through half truthes, gossip, social media chat as a some kind of foundation of truth. It goes someway to dispelling a lot of those unsubstantiated opinions. 

Do we really need a CEO as a team in league 1? 
Just a GM would suit running the club as there is an agenda and we will see it come out during pre season… yogi being kept on to get us back up is just the start… @Rengade Master is spot on. Something is going on.

I think you’d struggle to find many people who weren’t sceptical about the investment, struggle to see how they can make a serious return on their money in Scottish football never mind a struggling Championship (now League One) team.

If they aren’t here to make money, then is it a hobby, that’s not what we want either.

The development at Rosyth sounded promising, a real positive step, will help attract new signings and great for the community but I believe Rosyth were ditched from being able to use it which I found disappointing and a contradictory move.

I’m far from convinced in going the youth route, I am not close at all in understanding the youth set-up but struggle to see that there is enough talent in Scotland for us to capitalise on. Defer to folk like Digs who has more insight into it than I ever will.

Selling EEP probably isn’t a bad idea, sure we’ve been trying to live with it on the premise we’ll be back in the Premier League..but it’s not happening anytime soon and it’s far too costly to maintain, been falling to bits in recent times and now as a League One club it’s really going to hinder us.

1 minute ago, Secure Par said:

With our new academy at Rosyth the gym is getting moved down there…. So really that just leaves a massive stadium that will only be used for match days and 3k fans? 
no way is that sustainable in league 1 with ongoing costs and no games during pre season.

Depends on so many factors. Like how long are we on League 1 for starters. What commercial development potential are there at the ground, be it the gym, the bars, corporate/business function events, social functions, the pitch itself etc. Ultimately, it's on the pitch success that matters though. That in itself will drive a lot of the decision making. 

2 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Do we really need a CEO as a team in league 1? 
Just a GM would suit running the club as there is an agenda and we will see it come out during pre season… yogi being kept on to get us back up is just the start… @Rengade Master is spot on. Something is going on.

Whoever heads up the club the title is irrelevant, but it needs to be someone who is providing leadership. I'm not seeing that since Ross McArthur stood back. Currently it is the responsibility of the new CEO, so lets hear him. 

Of course things are going on, it's a fluid situation. RM is correct in that things are being planned, that's obvious. But until there's substance and clarity it remains unsubstantiated opinions. 

• Upvote 2

As we have a CEO who will be taking a salary (I imagine a pretty decent one with his CV) whilst we’re in League One I think SecurePars point is valid.

Ofcourse not expecting him to work for free and grateful for all the volunteering but every penny is a prisoner so his role should be under close scrutiny.