The board

30 minutes ago, Berry said:

Can’t fire a manager because the fans have made their feelings known, we’ll be changing every month man.

There's different levels to it though.  Some troll typing, "[insert manager's name here] out", on dafc.net after every single defeat isn't going to spark a sacking.  Half a dozen guys congregating at the tunnel to shout at the manager after a poor performance isn't going to do much more.

Getting relegated at the hands of Queens Park over two games and witnessing the support singing, in large numbers, about the manager being a "dirty falkirk b******", is more likely to focus the mind.

I agree that the fans can't dictate when a manager goes due to the trigger-happy nature of a section of the support.  However, if the board think that the relationship between the manager and the majority of fans is broken and beyond repair - and they have to market season tickets in 4 weeks - then they might be thinking about whether it is sensible to keep him in a job.

For what it's worth, I don't think Hughes is a bad person or that personal abuse should be dished out.  I've no doubt he did his best and tried 100% to keep us up.  However, I'd like to have some company in the EEP stands next year and the best way to do that is with someone else at the wheel.  The board may agree, based on recent scenes.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Season ticket sales will go into freefall if he is staying. Might that force a re-think?

Was speaking to David from the club shop after the game on Saturday and he had already had a few people saying to him they wont be renewing if Yogi stays. Will be around 1500 season ticket renewals I would guess if Yogi stays.

29 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Was speaking to David from the club shop after the game on Saturday and he had already had a few people saying to him they wont be renewing if Yogi stays. Will be around 1500 season ticket renewals I would guess if Yogi stays.

Did we sell 1500 seasons this time around ! Someone commented  upon the strange circumstances of them announcing a crowd of 4500 on the night ( it looked nowhere near that- I even commented to my mate that it was very odd to inflate the crowd) and then printing  in the official match report on COWS that the crowd was 3190. The suggestion was made that someone had inadvertently added the number of season tickets sold to the "walk ups" to arrive at 4500.   

1 hour ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Yeah, from what I remember in the summer, ST sales were pretty poor 1500 sounds about right. The Peter Grant appointment didn't go down very well and there was still uncertainty around covid.

Didn’t realise it was that bad.  Wasn’t that long ago we were firing in over 3000 STs.  Ouch.

And it can be that again.  1,500 was probably artificially low due to Covid.  A decent managerial appointment and a couple of exciting signings could spark more interest.  Then, if we have a good season and get promoted, we could build on that again.  

I realise that "could" and "if" are doing a lot of heavy lifting there, but you might as well be positive.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Raymie said:

I'd be surprised if the new CEO kept him on. He's had the majority of the season and a transfer window to turn it around.

Kevin Thomson with Scott Brown and Steven Whitaker would excite the fans

Scott Brown is wanting his own gig as manager.

I dont know what the big thing is about Kevin Thomson?he won the league with a massive budget. He would be better staying with Kelty for a wee while longer,just look what happened when Barry Ferguson jumped ship.