The board

5 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I'd be surprised if the new CEO kept him on. He's had the majority of the season and a transfer window to turn it around.

Kevin Thomson with Scott Brown and Steven Whitaker would excite the fans

Only if they've all got playing contracts.  It would give me the absolute fear as a management team.  Brown and Whittaker's coaching careers are hardly unmitigated success stories.  Thomson has won a league with a side who have more money than anyone else, and by some considerable distance it would seem.  Rowan Alexander and Ally McCoist managed the same feat...

1 minute ago, livipar2 said:

Move heaven and earth to get Petrie. That would certainly boost ST’s.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE APPROACH HIM.

Either it's true he wants to stay in his bank job and we get clarity for that or we actually get him which would be a good appointment especially since he knows the league

13 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I'd be surprised if the new CEO kept him on. He's had the majority of the season and a transfer window to turn it around.

Kevin Thomson with Scott Brown and Steven Whitaker would excite the fans

Would folk take brown as manager on his own with Whittaker as assistant? Genuinely not many options out there 

15 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE APPROACH HIM.

Either it's true he wants to stay in his bank job and we get clarity for that or we actually get him which would be a good appointment especially since he knows the league

He had the chance to apply for the job after Grant was fired......

I'd rather Kevin Thompson over Brown. 

I get the points about Kelty having a large budget, however having a manager who knows how to attack, and press and use that budget can't be a bad thing? 

Realistically he's the only manager in the bottom two divisions who looks attractive (outwith Petrie) 

Id love Ross but he's unattainable. 

Would be happy enough with Levein or McIntyre. 

Why go for Scott Brown who has no managerial experience?

Kevin Thomson, harder not to do well with Kelty Hearts and don’t think Whittaker would be of any interest.

I genuinely don’t think they are any lesser a risk than keeping Yogi. 

If you’re getting a new manager in, Jim McIntyre or Stewart Petrie, preferably the latter as I think being in League One now will benefit Petrie and give him time to settle but fans need to get behind him and be patient if ofcourse he wants the gig and he was offered.

This isn’t a quick fix and we need to throw away any concept of being a ‘big club’, next season is going to be tough, straight back up will be the aim but arguably the promotion playoffs wouldn’t be a bad outcome either. We won’t run away with it that’s for sure.

We can’t throw the toys out the pram after a couple of losses next season.

All that being said though, I think the board will keep Hughes.

Edited by Berry
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Thomson would be better staying where his is. He'll be judged on how good he is against similar budgeted teams. He did well to knock St Johnstone and beat Montrose on penalties in the Cup though. Still don't know what Barry Ferguson was thinking about joining Alloa.