The board

Schwarz Gruppe Owns Lidl and Kaufland. There’s a starter for 10. Dunfermline does not have a Lidl but they are fierce rivals to Aldi’s. Dunfermline had one of the first Aldi’s in the UK. Kaufland have plans to come to the UK and like prime central locations. Tesco bought Love Street, and paid for their new stadium. 
A certain director on both the boards has a company who went bust in 2017 owes 4 bailout companies vast amounts of monies and are basically in charge of its companies finances it’s current balance sheet from posted accounts mean it is basically trading insolvent and could be set to face a winding up order anytime! Then we have property developers on the board along with builders and groundwork’s contractors. You wonder why a genuine fan and ex chairman was ready to walk away totally and not even stay on as a director on the board. The current German investors are all turnaround experts in shipping and marine and know how to invest for future profits and all have directly and indirectly connections with Schwarz Gruppe. The only person in the whole set up with any knowledge of football is Thomas Meggle who has been known to have an input in team selection. Why did our best player not play in our most important games of the season? Who started the rumours he had signed a pre contract? Why have we heard diddly squat from our German investors for months? Why does a 1st division club need a 12000 seated stadium and a million pound training ground? Both will come with huge financial costs year on year, based on a home attendance of C2000 every 2 weeks for about 9 months a year paying C40 staff full time wages! There you go! The only company not on the board to benefit in moving stadiums is a demolition contractor. 
Like I say I’m not wishing this to happen but it all stacks up when you are faced with this being the only option for our club to survive!

As Scott has already said using St Mirren as an example of how it helps the club I’m sure won’t not be used in the selling point!

My take on the research I have done and yes it is conjecture and we can only see what transpires but please scrutinise before dismissing it it all out of hand!

1 minute ago, Berry said:

As we have a CEO who will be taking a salary (I imagine a pretty decent one with his CV) whilst we’re in League One I think SecurePars point is valid.

Ofcourse not expecting him to work for free and grateful for all the volunteering but every penny is a prisoner so his role should be under close scrutiny.

We've relied on endless free time from Ross McArthur, Kip McBay, Donald Adamson and many other prominent figures at the club, to run the club. Ross McArthur said himself that was never sustainable. 

I think the CEO role was a direct effort to start professionalising the club. I'm pretty sure they'd have put a business case together before employing the CEO. 

6 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

Schwarz Gruppe Owns Lidl and Kaufland. There’s a starter for 10. Dunfermline does not have a Lidl but they are fierce rivals to Aldi’s. Dunfermline had one of the first Aldi’s in the UK. Kaufland have plans to come to the UK and like prime central locations. Tesco bought Love Street, and paid for their new stadium. 
A certain director on both the boards has a company who went bust in 2017 owes 4 bailout companies vast amounts of monies and are basically in charge of its companies finances it’s current balance sheet from posted accounts mean it is basically trading insolvent and could be set to face a winding up order anytime! Then we have property developers on the board along with builders and groundwork’s contractors. You wonder why a genuine fan and ex chairman was ready to walk away totally and not even stay on as a director on the board. The current German investors are all turnaround experts in shipping and marine and know how to invest for future profits and all have directly and indirectly connections with Schwarz Gruppe. The only person in the whole set up with any knowledge of football is Thomas Meggle who has been known to have an input in team selection. Why did our best player not play in our most important games of the season? Who started the rumours he had signed a pre contract? Why have we heard diddly squat from our German investors for months? Why does a 1st division club need a 12000 seated stadium and a million pound training ground? Both will come with huge financial costs year on year, based on a home attendance of C2000 every 2 weeks for about 9 months a year paying C40 staff full time wages! There you go! The only company not on the board to benefit in moving stadiums is a demolition contractor. 
Like I say I’m not wishing this to happen but it all stacks up when you are faced with this being the only option for our club to survive!

As Scott has already said using St Mirren as an example of how it helps the club I’m sure won’t not be used in the selling point!

My take on the research I have done and yes it is conjecture and we can only see what transpires but please scrutinise before dismissing it it all out of hand!

Interesting read but it's still conjecture. We'll see though. 

4 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

A CEO is going to be on at least 70-100k a year in wages.. a GM will be on 40-60k a year.

All the gym is being moved to Rosyth… so we have an empty stadium with nothing in it apart from 2-3.5 k fans every second weekend? 
And nobody can see what is happening? 

Serious question. Would it bother yourself,  or anyone else if we had to move. Been talked about in the past. I get the spiritual home and all that, but bigger and better clubs have done that and will probably do that in the future. 

Where is all this ‘we can’t have a stadium like EEP in League One’ coming from anyway? I was under the impression we managed to turn a profit ‘with a stadium like EEP’ the last time we were in League One? So it’s clearly manageable. 

Edited by Keyser Soze
  • Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, Piracy said:

We've relied on endless free time from Ross McArthur, Kip McBay, Donald Adamson and many other prominent figures at the club, to run the club. Ross McArthur said himself that was never sustainable. 

I think the CEO role was a direct effort to start professionalising the club. I'm pretty sure they'd have put a business case together before employing the CEO. 

Nah this takeover has only benefited the Germans to put their plan in place plus give them extra time keeping RM in there to take the flack. A good wee payoff and now their plans will come in place over pre season.. Yogi still in place spouting his guff.

5 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Serious question. Would it bother yourself,  or anyone else if we had to move. Been talked about in the past. I get the spiritual home and all that, but bigger and better clubs have done that and will probably do that in the future. 

Eh I said when the Germans came in they want EEP and more or less got banned from here… it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest.

2 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Nah this takeover has only benefited the Germans to put their plan in place plus give them extra time keeping RM in there to take the flack. A good wee payoff and now their plans will come in place over pre season.. Yogi still in place spouting his guff.

With respect that's clearly your opinion without any credence. 

5 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Where is all this ‘we can’t have a stadium like EEP in League One’ coming from anyway? I was under the impression we managed to turn a profit ‘with a stadium like EEP’ the last time we were in League One? So it’s clearly manageable. 

Only with all the volunteers to support the club. 

1 minute ago, Piracy said:

With respect that's clearly your opinion without any credence. 

Piracy I respect what you say on this forum but there is something not right within the club? 
I said 2 years ago these investors are only in it to gain £££ and I stand by that.

Hopefully I am proved wrong and I will apologise but if it’s a 9 year programme I’ll be mid 50’s😅😅

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

How can we afford all the bills that come with 2 major sites? We will have huge business rates for both and if you haven’t noticed gas, electric, water and parking spaces are all through the roof. 
I’d imagine the club will feel obliged to pay for all its staffs parking spaces at both sites should it continue!