The board

Whether we can afford to maintain it is one thing, if we downgraded, the extra disposable income could go into something more beneficial.

A smaller stadium at full capacity is better than a 12,000 half empty and the extra money can go into the academy, signing players, something that could actually help improve us.

1 minute ago, Keyser Soze said:

Do you think Ross is aware of these plans to turn East End into a supermarket? That why he’s stepping away entirely but keeping quiet about it? 

Yes I do KS, he could easily have stepped down to being a director and kept his glass box and match day hospitality. To walk away totally shows he is aware of something he wants no part of being a true fan!

Just now, Secure Par said:

Piracy I respect what you say on this forum but there is something not right within the club? 
I said 2 years ago these investors are only in it to gain £££ and I stand by that.

Hopefully I am proved wrong and I will apologise but if it’s a 9 year programme I’ll be mid 50’s😅😅

There's a lot that can be improved at the club, evidently that's the opinion of most Pars fans. I'm just not personally having the situation as some are portraying it, because it only opinions and not fact. I'm already in my mid 50's, it's shect. 

Mind when we were told the Germans wanted us relegated, hence why we weren't re-inforcing the squad in January.

Then we added Jacub, Chalmers, Ambrose, Polworth, Donaldson and Lawless.  Why not just stick with the team that was definitely taking us down and not spend the cash?

Take it back further - why not keep Grant, not pay him off and not give him more money in January?

Scepticism is fine but make sure your narrative is credible.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis
  • Upvote 4

This seems like a very complicated plan to get a Lidl into the toun. Right next a competitor with the costs of demolition and buying the stadium (which they havnt even done yet) when theres other sites in place that would be far cheaper with less hassle.

I'm worried the Germans arn't as interested as before tbh more than anything. And I remain unconvinced they are going to in it for the long hall. We wil see what happens, theres not much I can do anyway

Edited by Fifes Elite
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Rengade Master said:

Yes I do KS, he could easily have stepped down to being a director and kept his glass box and match day hospitality. To walk away totally shows he is aware of something he wants no part of being a true fan!

Thats a hell of an accusation. Accusing the outgoing chairman of being aware that the plan is to tear down EEP is absolutely staggering news. If this is true then it’s huge, huge news. 

2 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

You evidently don't know Ross McArthur too well. He is walking away now for personal reasons. He has stated as much. One thing you'll get from Ross is honesty and openess. You're definitely off the mark with that opinion. 

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

How can we afford all the bills that come with 2 major sites? We will have huge business rates for both and if you haven’t noticed gas, electric, water and parking spaces are all through the roof. 
I’d imagine the club will feel obliged to pay for all its staffs parking spaces at both sites should it continue! 

Apparently from the costs saved from renting parks and what we were paying into fife elite academy already. The initial cash investment was to gain the asset, the ongoing costs will be covered by what is saved by not renting places and firing money into a youth academy with the other fife clubs where we were putting the most money in. Answer from Ross when I asked him this question face to face in the club foyer. Up to you if you believe him or not.

I posted that in here at the time

Edited by Fifes Elite
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I struggled with that as well, then dismissed it as complete nonsense. 

Quite simple, in the Championship with ambitions to be promoted a 12000 stadium would be beneficial if we were to get promoted to accommodate large away crowds who love EEP. Resigning us to the seaside league being forced to cut budgets with little prospect of being an SPL team soon makes it far easier to make that decision and move now! It will be virtually enforced anyway. What other club in the 1st division is full time with a 12000 seater stadium which has long past been an SPL requirement! 

Infact thinking about this, I think the Germans might have spent  more money buying/investing in the football club than the land for the stadium is even worth which they don't even own. And thats not even taking into account development/demolition costs to both sites I have mentioned. I'm not ruling out that we might be moved stadiums at some point in the future (it's been mentioned for about 30 odd years) but I have no idea how this plan would ever make money

Edited by Fifes Elite
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

Apparently from the costs saved from renting parks and what we were paying into fife elite academy already. The initial cash investment was to gain the asset, the ongoing costs will be covered by what is saved by not renting places and firing money into a youth academy with the other fife clubs where we were putting the most money in. Answer from Ross when I asked him this question face to face in the club foyer. Up to you if you believe him or not.

I posted that in here at the time

Eh without the Rosyth site opening up the club are paying full costs to keep all age groups at the academy going with training/pitch hire every week.

2 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

Infact thinking about this, I think the Germans might have spent  more money buying/investing in the football club than the land for the stadium is even worth which they don't even own. And thats not even taking into account development/demolition costs I have mentioned. I'm not ruling out that we might be moved stadiums at some point in the future (it's been mentioned for about 30 odd years) but I have no idea how this plan would ever make money if this is the plan.

You would be surprised what that land would be worth and how many houses could be built on it.

We have no sugar daddy guys, staying full time is risky, paying bills  at 2 sites and remaining full time is a non starter! 

Makes perfect sense to have a purpose built astro stadium, with all the facilities in one place!

Answers all the above doubts and why have this massive burden in EEP that we use for 2 hours 20 odd times a year!