They`re all off to sunny Spain....

GG Riva

According to the BBC, who have been going into overdrive with excitement this week, as many as 100,000 Rangers fans will have descended on Seville for tonight`s Europa League Final with Eintracht.

I sincerely hope I`m wrong, but - win or lose - I fear Scottish football`s image could well take an international battering tonight, with the Follow Follow legions either celebrating their team`s success or drowning their sorrows. My apprehension appears to be shared by Ibrox legends John Grieg and Graeme Souness, who have felt it necessary to come out and ask the fans to remember they are ambassadors of the club and to behave themselves.

If Barcelona and Manchester are anything to go by, their appeal will fall on deaf ears.

I really hope that they do behave. Firstly, for the sake of the people of Seville.

Secondly, to puncture the smug self righteousness of the Celtic support, who in so many ways, are no better than Rangers.

I am more optimistic than I was about Manchester with regards behaviour,  but not convinced. Good behaviour at least would signal, in a very small way, that their support may be finally moving out of the dark ages.

2 hours ago, Teuchter said:

I really hope that they do behave. Firstly, for the sake of the people of Seville.

Secondly, to puncture the smug self righteousness of the Celtic support, who in so many ways, are no better than Rangers.

I am more optimistic than I was about Manchester with regards behaviour,  but not convinced. Good behaviour at least would signal, in a very small way, that their support may be finally moving out of the dark ages.

Given that a few of them have been lifted before they have even got there I'm not at all optimistic they will behave. 

27 minutes ago, Deutsche Par said:

Given that a few of them have been lifted before they have even got there I'm not at all optimistic they will behave. 

That would have been the case with Celtic fans moving in similar numbers. The test will be in Seville.

17 hours ago, Teuchter said:

We're often fed the narrative that the fans of Sellick and Sevco are two cheeks of the same @rse. It was recently pointed out that Celtic fans were given a Fair Play award by UEFA when they played Porto in the 2003 EL final. Apparently, their behaviour was relatively harmless, even though copious amounts of alcohol were consumed. Some of those who follow the Ibrox club cannot make similar claims. Think back to their two previous finals in Manchester and Barcelona, where gratuitous violence and wanton destruction of property was the norm.

Eta. Not saying Celtic have no idiot fans because clearly they do, but they're just not at the level of the idiots who follow Rangers.

Edited by GG Riva
  • Downvote 1