Man arrested after Sheffield United captain assaulted following play-off defeat by Nottingham Forest

SanguinePar

56 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I absolutely don’t blame Viera for reacting the way he did but if the Crown were determined to prosecute I’d be amazed if self defence was a viable defence for him. He turned away from the incident and began walking away before swinging back around and kicking the fan who had his back turned by this point. 

Took the words out of my mouth, can't see any way that gets called as self defence.

Clough slapped a fan in the pus and got away with it. A Forest supporter too. Fan apologised and made to give him a kiss. The new breed of fan seem to abuse, assault and worse of all, spit on players. Hope Viera disnae get done. How do you stop pitch invasions without the deadly fencing coming back? I reckon if I ran up to Viera in the Dunfermline city centre and done that, he'd take ma pus clean aff ma shoulders.

I didn’t really understand why the pitch invasions were even necessary.

Forest and Port Vale have won nothing yet, both could easily get papped at Wembley.

As for Everton, quite embarrassing a club of their stature was in a relegation dog fight in the first place, why their fans would pitch invade for survival is beyond me.

FA has to take part of the blame, they should’ve acted on pitch invasions and made an effort to stop them, as has been evident it only takes a handful for it to become really dangerous.

Because they haven’t acted it’s been perceived to be acceptable in these playoff games in particular that pitch invasions are allowed.

It’s not even an impulsive thing to do, run onto the pitch.

Anyone remember the daftie who streaked onto the pitch during our first game on Astro that decided it would be sensible to attempt a Klinsmann dive? 😂

Edited by Berry
  • Upvote 1

I remember Aberdeen fans invading the pitch at EEP after beating us home and away to secure their SPL status, in what may have been the very first such play off game. I think we'd finished runners up in the second tier and the Dons 2nd bottom of the SPL. 

I also remember the Pars fan Berry alludes to above. He looked like he was wearing an Ajax top after his dive, with a police helmet covering his crown jewels. 😂