New Manager thread......

Superally

I’m not keen on Ian Murray, don’t think he’s really done that well to be honest.

Kevin Thomson, has he done enough, hard not to do well with Kelty Hearts to be honest, wouldn’t be ecstatic but content if he was to take it.

No to McGhee and Rice.

I have to stick with my heart on this one and go Petrie.

I think this is the perfect time for him to join if he ever wanted the gig. He won’t have the pressure in his first season of putting together a serious title challenge in the Championship but instead a promotion push in League One, a league which he has a lot of experience in. If you consider what he’s been able to do with Montrose, think what the potential is with a bigger budget with us. 

He’ll also have the opportunity to completely shape the squad how he wants it.

In addition, he is a Pars great, I’m not one for hiring just because they are ex pars, but Petrie will 100% get the support he needs from the fans and will bring us all together which is much needed. This and his current credentials…..

Come back home son.

• Upvote 3

Thomson is the best up here at the moment for the job. Apart from that I would expect a manager up from the English divisions wanting a fresh start. Just look at Hibs appointment. I’m sure the new CEO will have a few contacts BUT we need someone with a fresh mind coming in.

But I would love to see a guy come in from Germany with his own ideas and actually tell us about say a 3 year plan and building the squad. At least we will know what the plans are. If we need to stay in league 1 for another year as part of a rebuilding process to play young guys then so be it but just inform the supporters of the plan🤷🏻‍♂️

I hope Shields gets the youth academy job as I see him as being a real asset bringing on the future players.

Anyway thanks for nothing Yogi and imo he goes just above PG as one of our worst managers in my lifetime with David Hay and Munro below those 2.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Petrie and only Petrie. 

Why Petrie or as some folk want Campbell?

As a long future these guys are league 1/chamionship managers and part time…… surely we need a full time enthusiastic manager/backroom staff with a long term plan to work and get the club back up.

I would also suggest training back in Dunfermline as that’s where we are based and use the facilities that can be provided during the day.

It’s like a new breath of fresh air today since Hughes has gone!

Really don’t know with this one. The chat of Petrie or Campbell is fine, they have had plenty of time to build part time teams and given grace as they punched out their weight divisions. Dunfermline fans are not so forgiving as there is still an element of entitlement from the success of Munro/Leishman, Bert and dick and the two jimmies. I would have liked to see Lee Bullen (pars connection and a decent coaching background) come in when Grant left to stabilise and build but now not an option. I do think the next manager has to have a Pars connection and affinity with the club to understand the expectations and to try and pull together the fragmented state we are in. Anyways JH is away so that’s a bit progress.

this where SAF comes out of retirement or DM realises the hammers are not the team for him

Edited by Boston Red Sox

He did well at Dumbarton keeping them up and had a decent win ratio with them. Airdrie have played decent enough football they would have easily been promoted if it wasn't for the play-offs built a team with a decent enough back bone for their budget , he was awful at St Mirren but they were a brutal team around that time.

I can't see the fascination with Thomson he's had one season at team with players well above the standard of the league they were in. They were one of the(If not) favorite's.

A couple of season's and a decent league one campaign I could get the shouts but even Barry Ferguson would have won that league by a country mile. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I’m not buying into Ian Murray chat.

Arguably he’s not progressed Airdrie that much, and didn’t he jump before he was pushed out of St Mirren for being dreadful?

Got to disagree. Airdrie were hovering around the relegation play-off spots when he took over. He's not had money to spend and still had them playing attacking football and much improved results. He previously took part-time Dumbarton to 5th in the championship and kept them up a few times. The St Mirren job wasn't good but was only for 6 months and was still in his mid 30's then. May have learned a lot from that.

I think he has something as a manger. Comes across well too.

• Upvote 1