New Manager thread......

Superally

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

If the board reached out to Petrie or Jack Ross and they accepted the job, I wonder if there would there still be the same clamour about the process as there was when Grant was appointed?

Except the 2 managers have been successful where they have been and grant has been absolutely shocking nearly everywhere he’s been, his record tells you that

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

That’s a bit disingenuous really, isn’t it? Clearly nobody is suggesting that. 

Only going by the absolute nonsense I've seen posted on social media every single day since about last September.

Obviously though, I was being facetious.

3 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I agree with all of this.  @GG Rivas shout with this on AJ isn’t that bad a shout.  League 1 the guy has a track record better than any on the market I’d suggest?  However we all know it would be poison the minute things weren’t going bang on to plan.  

It absolutely would be more toxic than Grant's final days in charge, Ross. That's why I was only half serious in throwing AJ's name in the hat.

Besides, there's an old saying you should never go back. AJ ignored that and went back to QOS and look at what happened to him.

33 minutes ago, Buffy said:

#TeamRustybits 

I’ve got pompoms n everything 

405C8FC0-EC21-434F-A684-283BB8368E66.gif

No thanks. My mate is a Stirling ST holder, and also a youth coach there (he is also a Pars fan that used to post under pompey par on dotnet) and he said there was not one Stirling fan sad to see the back of him. He says he's a charismatic guy who everyone liked personally but sounds much like Hughes, full of lots of great soundbites, says all the right stuff regards philosophy but lacks the substance to back it up on the park.

9 minutes ago, Digs said:

No thanks. My mate is a Stirling ST holder, and also a youth coach there (he is also a Pars fan that used to post under pompey par on dotnet) and he said there was not one Stirling fan sad to see the back of him. He says he's a charismatic guy who everyone liked personally but sounds much like Hughes, full of lots of great soundbites, says all the right stuff regards philosophy but lacks the substance to back it up on the park.

My cousin (Motherwell fan) is Head of Youth Development at Stirling and spoke pretty highly of him. That said he also said Hughes would be a cracking appointment for us so maybe best to disregard his opinion after all. 

Maybe David Cook's "type" is different?  Let's hope so.

I'd love Petrie or John Robertson to get a chance at it.  If not, I'd be tempted to give Tommy Wright a go.  I appreciate his last year or so in management hasn't been great, but he had St. Johnstone punching well above their weight season after season.  I also think he would have got Killie up if they'd kept him on and brought in the players they did in January.