New Manager thread......

Superally

4 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

My cousin (Motherwell fan) is Head of Youth Development at Stirling and spoke pretty highly of him. That said he also said Hughes would be a cracking appointment for us so maybe best to disregard his opinion after all. 

That's the thing, as a guy, he doesn;t have enough good things to say about him, but just said he failed to put any of the chat into practice. Having seen his team play Kelty, I can completely see where he was coming from, it was like watching us.

7 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

If the board reached out to Petrie or Jack Ross and they accepted the job, I wonder if there would there still be the same clamour about the process as there was when Grant was appointed?

I don't have a problem about the club picking a preferred candidate and reaching out to him.  That's not what was wrong with the appointment of grant,  it was the process that lead to that point. In the main how when he was first suggested it wasn't laughed out of the room and the board member be asked to only provide serious options.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

I don't have a problem about the club picking a preferred candidate and reaching out to him.  That's not what was wrong with the appointment of grant,  it was the process that lead to that point. In the main how when he was first suggested it wasn't laughed out of the room and the board member be asked to only provide serious options.

My point being, plenty of people used the fact he was approached and appointed as some sort of stick to beat the board with.  There's nothing inherently wrong with that method of choosing a manager.  They obviously picked the wrong person but the method they used wasn't to blame.

There are plenty of legit reasons to criticise, especially in the last year.  I just can't be bothered with those who try and find fault with everything.

4 hours ago, GG Riva said:

It absolutely would be more toxic than Grant's final days in charge, Ross. That's why I was only half serious in throwing AJ's name in the hat.

Besides, there's an old saying you should never go back. AJ ignored that and went back to QOS and look at what happened to him.

To be fair again to AJ, he kept them up for 2 seasons….

51 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

My point being, plenty of people used the fact he was approached and appointed as some sort of stick to beat the board with.  There's nothing inherently wrong with that method of choosing a manager.  They obviously picked the wrong person but the method they used wasn't to blame.

Just to clarify by method are you talking about head hunting vs inviting applications? If so I agree, both have their merits 

14 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Aye, I don't care how they appoint the next manager.  I just care who they appoint.

If they go all out, sell a 'project' to Jack Ross and he somehow takes the job, will the same people be complaining about the board not going through a rigorous selection process? 

No because he would by far be the best option out there imo. But think he’ll be at Dundee 

Billy Dodd's surprised me as a manager thought it would have been a gamble as he largely had been a pundit, but you have to say he has done well at ICT. Don't think he will be leaving the highlands soon though. On a similar vein I have seen McCann being mentioned for a return, however I think his media role is perhaps too lucrative