McPake to be appointed [Courier report - NOW CONFIRMED ON COWS]

SanguinePar

19 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Maybe we'll furnish him with the best set of players in the division by far and he'll get us up.  The likes of McCoist, Alexander and Hartley have achieved it.

Hartley is a good manager tbf. 

Falkirk made a right horlicks of there recruitment that summer, which was hilarious but not fully his fault. 

5 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

"Which leave two condiates who I think are viable, Thompson and Murray, both have there plus and negative points." 

"Kettlewell was in the reckoning before, wouldn`t be shocked if he threw his hat back in the ring." 

Hardly glowing recommendations

Maybe stick your neck on the line & say who you think would be guaranteed to be a good appointment rather than just either slagging folk off for having an alternative opinion or just dismissing everyone as "wild"

There's parts missing from that post. 

We're a league one side, there's literally not a manager we could appoint ever that wouldn't gave negative points. I was a big fan of the AJ appointment but he also had negative points. 

Murray would've been a guaranteed good appointment in that he would've got us promoted, I'm not sure how he'd in turn fare in the Championship though, he's got heavy AJ vibes. 

The way that Thomson had his teams set up would've served us well in league one, again I'd be confident of promotion with him. 

Tommy Wright would've been good, Craig Levein less so but both would've been good, I'd be less confident in promotion with them than the first two in getting promotion, but bizarrely I would've felt better with them in the Championship? So I would've been happy with either. 

Even if they'd went right lower leagues I could understand Gary Irvine at Forfar or Peter Murphy at Annan. 

19 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Maybe we'll furnish him with the best set of players in the division by far and he'll get us up.  The likes of McCoist, Alexander and Hartley have achieved it.

Falkirk made a right horlicks of there recruitment that summer, which was hilarious but not fully his fault. 

5 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

"Which leave two condiates who I think are viable, Thompson and Murray, both have there plus and negative points." 

"Kettlewell was in the reckoning before, wouldn`t be shocked if he threw his hat back in the ring." 

Hardly glowing recommendations

Maybe stick your neck on the line & say who you think would be guaranteed to be a good appointment rather than just either slagging folk off for having an alternative opinion or just dismissing everyone as "wild"

We're a league one side, there's literally not a manager we could appoint ever that wouldn't gave negative points. I was a big fan of the AJ appointment but he also had negative points. 

Murray would've been a guaranteed good appointment in that he would've got us promoted, I'm not sure how he'd in turn fare in the Championship though, he's got heavy AJ vibes. 

The way that Thomson had his teams set up would've served us well in league one, again I'd be confident of promotion with him. 

Tommy Wright would've been good, Craig Levein less so but both would've been good, I'd be less confident in promotion with them than the first two in getting promotion, but bizarrely I would've felt better with them in the Championship? So I would've been happy with either. 

Even if they'd went right lower leagues I could understand Gary Irvine at Forfar or Peter Murphy at Annan. 

2 minutes ago, Grant said:

The same Ian Murray that failed to get airdrie up, also couldn’t get past an absolute shower in Queen’s Park. Hartley absolutely destroyed falkirk and that’s the reason they’ve been struggling ever since. 

21 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

The same Ian Murray that failed to get airdrie up, also couldn’t get past an absolute shower in Queen’s Park. Hartley absolutely destroyed falkirk and that’s the reason they’ve been struggling ever since. 

Let's appoint Ally McCoist then? Or Rowan Alexander? Because in your world of black and white there's nothing deeper than the league table, no talk of budget, of expectations, play styles, nothing. 

By your logic I presume you weren't impressed by Bart Paton when he didn't get us promoted in his first two seasons ? His progression, style of play etc meant for nothing because he couldn't get Dunfermline up?

There's more to managers than the final league table. 

Seems like you know allot about Falkirk, pray tell me, did anything significant change in the summer before Falkirk got relegated? 

21 minutes ago, Grant said:

Let's appoint Ally McCoist then? Or Rowan Alexander? Because in your world of black and white there's nothing deeper than the league table, no talk of budget, of expectations, play styles, nothing. 

By your logic I presume you weren't impressed by Bart Paton when he didn't get us promoted in his first two seasons ? His progression, style of play etc meant for nothing because he couldn't get Dunfermline up?

There's more to managers than the final league table. 

Seems like you know allot about Falkirk, pray tell me, did anything significant change in the summer before Falkirk got relegated? 

And in your world, you wouldn’t give any manager a 2nd chance to have a go somewhere else, and how would I know anything about Falkirk? Pretty common knowledge Hartley screwed them up. St mirren season ticket holder said Murray the worst manager he’s ever seen, worse than Alex rae. Just think the guy deserves a chance as manager and you’ve been hysterical for hours over 2 pars forums arguing with anyone who dares to have a different opinion to you

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite said:

Was telt by someone last week but didn't take notice of it. Then a friend was told by a club rep also on sat(probz the same person). 2/1 was also the price I seen at mcbookie when the market opened on Monday morning 

I took it with a pinch of salt because the same club rep went about last season telling people Kenny Miller and Lee McCulloch both had been lined up by the club to take over as manager.

2 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

And in your world, you wouldn’t give any manager a 2nd chance to have a go somewhere else, and how would I know anything about Falkirk? Pretty common knowledge Hartley screwed them up. St mirren season ticket holder said Murray the worst manager he’s ever seen, worse than Alex rae. Just think the guy deserves a chance as manager and you’ve been hysterical for hours over 2 pars forums arguing with anyone who dares to have a different opinion to you

Except that in the list of managers I gave three of them had failures on there records, including Murray. You should know this since you then talk about Murray later on in your post, do better. 

So you don't know anything about Falkirk, but it's pretty common knowledge Hartley screwed them up? Try again. 

Mcpake will get a chance regardless of what gets posted online. Pointing out that it's a poor appointment, while pointing out where people are posting nonsense isn't being hysterical. However making a statement at the start of a post then contradicting it a few sentences later? That's pretty wild, seems like you need to calm down. 

12 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

I took it with a pinch of salt because the same club rep went about last season telling people Kenny Miller and Lee McCulloch both had been lined up by the club to take over as manager.

Defo same person then.

They did rightly tell people it was gona be Grant though a week before it was announced apparently. 

Edited by Fifes Elite

I haven’t seen confirmation of James McPake’s appointment yet. If he is to be the new manager I’d like to see an announcement that is very clear on the target for next season - and that should be promotion.

It’s up to people how they spend their time but I don’t think there is a need for multiple posts setting out his shortcomings before he’s even in the door.

Much as it pains me to say this, the increased traffic on this forum is leading to a spread of opinions not unlike dotnet. This thread is divided between those who are unhappy with the appointment of McPake and predict another poor season ahead and those who believe we should give him a chance. 

I wonder which group I should side with? Tough one....🤔