POLL - early predictions on McPake

SanguinePar

Early predictions on McPake  

38 members have voted

1. 1. With James McPake newly installed, and before any squad changes (other than Thomas going) - what's your prediction for the Pars in League 1, season 2022/23?

• Champions
    • Second
    • Third
    • Fourth
    • Fifth
    • Sixth
    • Seventh
    • Eighth
    • Ninth
    • Tenth

• The topic was pinned
57 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Same, but if he can shuffle a few out that were underwhelming last season, I'll go for top position.

Will need to wait and see what players he can bring in.

Falkirk will be a lot better under McGlynn you would think and he has a lot of good contacts.

Montrose will be up challenging.

Will be interesting to see what Kelty do.

Airdrie have already lost Murray and you would imagine they will lose a few players, a few clubs will be sniffing around Easton.

It's going to be a tough league and tougher than the last time we played in it.

I think he will bring in the right players maybe some from Dundee(within the budget).

he’s a good appointment as we are league 1 so good luck and hopefully get us back into the championship next season.

I hope the academy training ground will be set up even for the first team to train as we should be based locally and probably making a money saving not having to use Alloa Fc facilities. 

Edited by Secure Par

11 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

I think he will bring in the right players maybe some from Dundee(within the budget).

he’s a good appointment as we are league 1 so good luck and hopefully get us back into the championship next season.

I hope the academy training ground will be set up even for the first team to train as we should be based locally and probably making a money saving not having to use Alloa Fc facilities. 

They haven't even started on the pitches at the civil yet

On 24/05/2022 at 17:50, SanguinePar said:

What's your hot take on McPake? Before he's had any time to do anything with the squad, where do you think we'll finish in the coming season?

I like to be optimistic and think he can take us up as Champions, but I'm a little less confident now that Falkirk have snatched Coll Donaldson from right under our noses. I wouldn't be fussed if we go up through the play offs, but as others will no doubt point out, we don't have a great record in those..... 🙁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I like to be optimistic and think he can take us up as Champions, but I'm a little less confident now that Falkirk have snatched Coll Donaldson from right under our noses. I wouldn't be fussed if we go up through the play offs, but as others will no doubt point out, we don't have a great record in those..... 🙁

If Carlsberg did Play Offs, we'd have a hangover. Just reminding your good self GG 😌 

• 1 month later...
On 26/05/2022 at 14:09, GG Riva said:

Donaldson already injured and out for them, really not that bothered we didn’t get him. Other options out there that’ll do us a turn 

On 24/05/2022 at 17:50, SanguinePar said:

What's your hot take on McPake? Before he's had any time to do anything with the squad, where do you think we'll finish in the coming season?

Losing Dom Thomas could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Talented player but my information is that he was a complete dick and we're well rid of him. 

Eta. I think We'll go up as Champions. 

Edited by GG Riva

I'll hold judgement till I have seen a competitive game. However I like the way that McPake is doing his talking on the pitch. No grandiose statements or raised expectations. Recruitment does seem to be a issue and I expect we may see some loan signings in the next week or two    

• The topic was unpinned