Squad For Next Season

Grant

1 minute ago, Secure Par said:

Just my opinion but these players are situated in the Glasgow region so what would you tell them?

hi Dan, can you come to eep tomm please as we need to meet up regarding you leaving the team?

Its business. 

A phone call would be better than a text. A video call even better. Or arrange to meet somewhere in the middle. 

Something at least more than a text. 

• Upvote 2

These fan events that have been put on previously I think are good occasions to bring this kind of stuff up.

Ask them outright whether players were being axed by text and if so, the rationale behind it, could well have been agreed up front, boys are abroad or whatever.

Ofcourse there are two sides to every story  (three I suppose if you count here/.net….) and I haven’t heard of either of them so I’m not going to jump to conclusions based on some chat on a football forum.

I agree with Raymie it really is amateur hour with the leaking of info and the race to make it known on a forum for the club to be further scrutinised, child’s play.

If it’s true and there’s no solid justification for it then clearly it’s wrong and behaviour like that won’t change unless it’s challenged but really should be brought up through a more formal channel, this not where the SLO could come in?

I’m just fed up of what feels like people always looking to find reasons to slate our club rather than get behind it.

This, the hiring of McPake, the hissy fits over Coll Donaldson and us not signing him….letting Pybus go, that’s four already and we haven’t played a game yet.

Going to be a long bloody season.

Edited by Berry
I thought of a fourth!
  • Upvote 1

On how to treat players. Football is largely a heartless world, there’s a lot of **** that goes on and a lot of people involved in the game consider some behaviors acceptable when they wouldn’t be elsewhere.   We obviously as a club should be trying to rise above that and also trying to improve the overall culture in the game.

However not every player wants treated the same,  Euan Spark spoke on a podcast about being ****ed off at AJ for inviting him in for a meeting instead of dealing with things straight off the bat.  There are perhaps some that a text would be suitable, maybe not out the blue, but if there was some discussion beforehand it could possibly work.

I think that’s just one of the many arts of management.  Got to act differently for each individual.

I think we have to put last season behind us, including the players. Thomas, Donaldson and Pybus were probably the best of a bad bunch. Sad to lose Pybus as he had a decent engine, but he had his flaws. In the case of Thomas, especially, he often flattered to deceive. He played more bad games than good.

New broom now... clear out some of the remaining dross - for there are several remaining on contract that deserve to go - and let's move forward.

4 hours ago, Berry said:

These fan events that have been put on previously I think are good occasions to bring this kind of stuff up.

Ask them outright whether players were being axed by text and if so, the rationale behind it, could well have been agreed up front, boys are abroad or whatever.

Ofcourse there are two sides to every story  (three I suppose if you count here/.net….) and I haven’t heard of either of them so I’m not going to jump to conclusions based on some chat on a football forum.

I agree with Raymie it really is amateur hour with the leaking of info and the race to make it known on a forum for the club to be further scrutinised, child’s play.

If it’s true and there’s no solid justification for it then clearly it’s wrong and behaviour like that won’t change unless it’s challenged but really should be brought up through a more formal channel, this not where the SLO could come in?

I’m just fed up of what feels like people always looking to find reasons to slate our club rather than get behind it.

This, the hiring of McPake, the hissy fits over Coll Donaldson and us not signing him….letting Pybus go, that’s four already and we haven’t played a game yet.

Going to be a long bloody season.

Spot on, good post.

Generally speaking most posting on here is rational and supportive, a few like to be a bit more veciferous in their opinions. 

For me I believe it's easy to find offence and be critical of the club and that's fine. however, ramming opinions down fellow fans throats isn't good forum etiquette imo.

It'll be a busy summer for the club and it's inevitable players will move, obviously that's got to happen. I don't care who leaves really, they all were partially responsible (to varying degrees) for a failed season.

Rebuilding has commenced, I'm choosing to get behind it and choosing to find that process exciting. 

7 hours ago, Secure Par said:

Just my opinion but these players are situated in the Glasgow region so what would you tell them?

hi Dan, can you come to eep tomm please as we need to meet up regarding you leaving the team?

Its business. 

Just for comparison, Ross McArthur went to see Peter Grant in person, to tell him he was being sacked, even though he (Ross) was ill,  because he felt it was the decent thing to do. I wouldn't have thought Dan Pybus was any less deserving of similar respect.

14 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Christ do you just love to argue with folk or what? I’m sure the pars will survive that Coll donaldson has signed with Falkirk. Assuming we wont get any better than him doesn’t follow much logic either, unless you know who the club are looking at in potential signings 

Did everyone else who replied to you just love to argue? Or had they disagreed with a point made on an online forum and replied to it? Very precious. 

Absolutely no one has said that Pars wouldn't survive, or said anything approaching that. Such hyperbolic nonsense. 

Assuming we won't is going by the logic that we haven't had anyone better in a few years, coupled with us being a less attractive proposition to players than before, we might well pull a rabbit out the hat but it'd be unexpected. 

Someone on "the other site" has suggested that the players were all brought in after the end of the season and the ones who were out of contract were told that they'd likely be away - largely due to a new manager coming in.  They were also told that they could train at the club if they didn't get fixed up elsewhere by pre-season.  The text message was simply confirmation that this remained the case.

Obviously I can't confirm if that's true, but it gives the whole story some context.  They should still have picked up the phone in any case, but it could be that there is slightly more to it than "Hi Dan, we're not offering you a contract. Cheers, Dave".

• Upvote 3

It's going to be a rollercoaster of a next few months of players coming and going which will continue to divide opinions with fans that is a given. Also to be expected, we are allowed to have our own opinions.

However when it comes to the club itself they have a duty to their staff and their supporters.

The current set up is doing us no favours with leaks, (especially the one about the manager allowing bets to be made with bookies, in my eyes illegal). 

Discussing players contracts, conversations, wages and managers/directors opinions with all and sundry in various locations is unprofessional to say the least.

The unsavoury incidents involving ex managers and boardroom staff is also out in the public domain.

Releasing players by text, now adds to the list of bad press going against the club.

The trouble with all this is when you have seasoned professionals that have worked with bigger and more organised clubs they look at this and you can actually hear them thinking if not saying WTAF is going on here.

There lies the problem, when it comes to recruiting players, almost every new recruit we are looking at will know somebody who has played for us or is playing for us.

Those opinions will be sought, if you don't think a player who has an identical contract on the table from 3 clubs isn't going to be influenced by the advice they get from a peer you will be mistaken.

Many years ago we were renowned as a great club, with great supporters and it influenced many players decisions to come and play for us.Some actually saying they were offered more money but chose us.

Do you still think that is the case?

More importantly do the board still think players should be delighted to be getting offered a contract with DAFC?

It's not always about money being offered, and when you haven't got a lot you have to have a little bit more to entice players.

I must admit that the leaking of personal information, before its official (especially managers) is unprofessional. Maybe some rumours getting out is just guesswork. 

I heard from my source that Dominic Cummings is now an official advisor. 

Edited by scottyboy
BTW my source is a well known Tory, who tells fibs, but is sorry.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

I must admit that the leaking of personal information, before its official (especially managers) is unprofessional. Maybe some rumours getting out is just guesswork. 

I heard from my source that Dominic Cummings is now an official advisor. 

Leaking of information, also agree it's unprofessional. It is happening to a degree and personally I'd like it to stop. 

A lot of what is offered up is the usual unsubstantiated gossip and garbage from fellow fans. 

• Like 1

Well there we have it, the latest from the club:

Released

Leon Jones
Lewis Martin
Dan Pybus
Reece Cole
Steven Lawless
Ryan Dow

Left the Club

Dom Thomas (joined Queens Park)

Loans Completed