Squad For Next Season

Grant

23 minutes ago, Grant said:

With the amount of time Martin has spent at the club he deserves more than that for a send off. 

10000% this,  it's just more lazy output from the club.    The efforts put into all our online outputs if its our website, social media, streaming etc are ****ing pathetic.  It's honestly like the club don't appreciate that its 2022 and not the early 90's when having a website was progressive.

I've contacted the club about this in the past and was dismissed,  in their opinion hosting a meet the manager(or whatever the meeting was after the grant sacking) and a handful of lazy posts about it is considered fantastic fan engagement, utterly incredible.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Number Eleven said:

A full clear out - I wonder if any of the contracted players will follow?

Think we have a few contracted players that we get Chamionship clubs if released. The forwards and Comrie will have interest. No chance of getting the likes of Chalmers and Mehmet off the books though. There won't be much full time club interest.

3 hours ago, Grant said:

With Dow and Martin being away I'd say we now need 3 centre backs and 3 wide midfielders. 

With the amount of time Martin has spent at the club he deserves more than that for a send off. 

Martin has spent a lot of the time injured and the club has done a lot for the lad… he needs to move on imo and I’m glad all the players in the list are going. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Martin has spent a lot of the time injured and the club has done a lot for the lad… he needs to move on imo and I’m glad all the players in the list are going. 

The club have been good with him. That's a pertinent point. 

Good luck to Lewis. 

With so many players leaving at the same time it’s difficult for the club to make a special case for one over the others. We also don’t know how the players feel about it - some will be bitterly disappointed whereas others will be expecting the inevitable.

For the club the main thing is the quality of replacements we bring in. I’d like the first signing to be an experienced central defender who can take a leadership role in the team.

• Upvote 1