Supporters Meeting

Kaiser Chief

9 hours ago, Grant said:

Aye I'm a different country aswell. 

Hoping that someone does a good write up, I can fully understand why we don't stream it but it's a shame to miss them, they're usually quite informative. There's a good few questions that could be asked. 

I think Buffy may be able to ask a question on behalf of folk who can't be present, Grant. She's done that at previous meetings. Alternatively, you can PM me and I'll ask for you - if it's any good. 😃

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

I think Buffy may be able to ask a question on behalf of folk who can't be present, Grant. She's done that at previous meetings. Alternatively, you can PM me and I'll ask for you - if it's any good. 😃

I doubt I'll have much startling insight GG, I had a few questions written down for the last one and they got answered over the course of the meeting. We're all Pars fans so we tend to have the same concerns. 

I found the presentations to be more interesting really, they were a good insight. RM was a good talker, even an eternal pessimist like myself felt confident walking out the last one. 

• Upvote 1

Great to see the engagement with this event. It would be great if even the presentations could be recorded, edited and shared by the club for those of us unable to attend. Obviously taking out anything we don't want to go further/ could be a stick to beat ourselves with/ end up like the famous Falkirk debacle from last year. 

Question session on the other hand, perhaps sticking to a written record would be best... 

At this event, there will be the usual fans there, right in the front, hoping to present themselves as the super type fan who's well known about the club. He/she will start by addressing the CEO by his name in a really over familiar fashion and advise him how he/she knew his auntie Jennie fae Izatt Avenue. 

We'll have the usual odd wuckfit type question, the usual doom laden carpet bomb question.

Guaranteed some startched clothed syncophat will regurgitating their derisory puke about the NW fans behaviour (thus conveniently forgetting their support home & away). 

Also our Board will continually be referenced too as "the Germans", as if we were watching a 1970's documentar interviewing Londoners about the Blitz 

Some subject matter predictably trundled out will be, Guano on seats, Charlie D's not being open, all things academy, stadium maintenance costs, builders on the board, builders neeburs at the club, season ticket prices compared to other clubs, and worst patter of all: are 'the Germans' committed to the club? (if anyone questions their commitment now at the meeting I will spraff a plethora of articulated expletives their way, probably under my breath of course). 

So I'm really looking forward to it, and Buffy's updates are a good representation of what happens on the night. The lidea about potential for live streaming, get in the f*ckin bin with that one 😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, Piracy said:

At this event, there will be the usual fans there, right in the front, hoping to present themselves as the super type fan who's well known about the club. He/she will start by addressing the CEO by his name in a really over familiar fashion and advise him how he/she knew his auntie Jennie fae Izatt Avenue. 

We'll have the usual odd wuckfit type question, the usual doom laden carpet bomb question.

Guaranteed some startched clothed syncophat will regurgitating their derisory puke about the NW fans behaviour (thus conveniently forgetting their support home & away). 

Also our Board will continually be referenced too as "the Germans", as if we were watching a 1970's documentar interviewing Londoners about the Blitz 

Some subject matter predictably trundled out will be, Guano on seats, Charlie D's not being open, all things academy, stadium maintenance costs, builders on the board, builders neeburs at the club, season ticket prices compared to other clubs, and worst patter of all: are 'the Germans' committed to the club? (if anyone questions their commitment now at the meeting I will spraff a plethora of articulated expletives their way, probably under my breath of course). 

So I'm really looking forward to it, and Buffy's updates are a good representation of what happens on the night. The lidea about potential for live streaming, get in the f*ckin bin with that one 😊

Have you been to one before? 😂

• Upvote 7

35 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Well that’s me not going now I’ve had the updates 😂

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

😂😂😂😂

Great fan of “Wuckfit” btw that had me chuckling.

And totally agree re live streaming of the questions from supporters. Thru watching that Falkirk nonsense while I was enjoying the laugh I got from it, I also had the dread it could so easily be our lot on YouTube being lampooned.  There has been a couple of occasions at these forums where the questions have been a bit  embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Great fan of “Wuckfit” btw that had me chuckling.

And totally agree re live streaming of the questions from supporters. Thru watching that Falkirk nonsense while I was enjoying the laugh I got from it, I also had the dread it could so easily be our lot on YouTube being lampooned.  There has been a couple of occasions at these forums where the questions have been a bit  embarrassing.

At the last one, there was a question, I can't remember what about, where the room eye rolled so hard you could hear everyone's eyeballs creaking at the strain. I accept everyone's voice should be heard but if you're going to go to the bother of opening your mouth in front of 150 people, at least ensure the the brain is in gear before you engage your mouth to drive.

Brilliant summary Piracy, seems they haven't changed much; plenty of "wuckfits" in our support (like every club). 

Just in case my nightshift addled brain didn't get my thoughts over correctly my suggestion was a record of the presentations only. Recorded, edited checked with those involved and shared a couple of days later. These are often really good and just as often (mis?) quoted weeks or months down the line so ability for those who can't attend to see the thrust, even if edited highlights would be good. 

• Upvote 1