Cove v Pars

Superally

Pre season friendly away at Coves Balmoral stadium where the Pars will face a newly installed but familiar manager in Jim McIntyre

It will also be a new start for the Pars with their new Manager Jim McPake. A couple of new faces may appear for the Pars in Benidictus and Hamilton but the rest of the squad should be familiar unless a Trialist appears on the team sheet. The most interesting aspect is how the players line up and the shape we play

Hopefully we can quickly dispell the dirge of last season and open with a positive win and start the season with a winning mentality. COYP 

• Upvote 4

I think the main purpose of these games is for the squad to get some game time under their belts and as such, the result is secondary to the performance.

Still and all, winning games is a habit we lost some time ago. It would be nice to rediscover it - the sooner the better. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I think the main purpose of these games is for the squad to get some game time under their belts and as such, the result is secondary to the performance.

Still and all, winning games is a habit we lost some time ago. It would be nice to rediscover it - the sooner the better. 

I agree that friendlies are just preparation for the real stuff. As the squad is so light it should be easy to ensure everyone gets a run out.

It is possible to draw some conclusions from the preseason. Last year’s matches showed a softness in conceding goals at important times that continued all season.

• Upvote 1